Buying advice on 2006 Denali

RyM3rC

We have a 2005 Sierra Denali and I absolutely love this truck. It does everything I have ever asked of it and more. Lots of power, comfort, great ride and can haul just about anything I would need it to.

No real gremlins other than the drivers side head light going out once a year. I think it's the silverstars though...?

No issue with the tranny or diff.

AUDI > WORLD!!

-Marc

Don't ever plan on using the spare tire though.

That still pisses me off.

I have had an 01 Yukon Denali since 04 and never had any major problems with it. Only big thing I have replaced is the O2 sensors. The 6.0L is an awesome motor and if your nice to it can get decent mileage considering the size of the mass it is hauling. Does great in the snow and blizzards we have gotten out here in South Dakota. If I were to ever trade it in it would only be for a newer one and even then I would hesitate since it has been such a great truck.

I work on saab 9-7X (glorified trailblazers) all day long, they have had a million issues with them. Throttle bodies, diff leaks, headlight relays, trans leaks, tranny computers, liftgate modules, keys getting stuck in ignition, tire pressure monitors failing, oil pressure sensors... etc I can go on forever.... German autos > GM products

Let's not go comparing a beatdick gender confused pickup with 200lbs of plastic cladding slung to it's side to any luxury sedan.

Take this fight over to the Honda Ridgeline or Honda Element forums. They share your pain.

PS: 97.68% gay wink ;)

Oh shit. LOL

My dad has had multiple suburbans....He has had them since the 80's. The last 3 were a 2000, 2004, and now he has a 2009 LTZ, loaded to the hilt so I would bet comparable to the Denali.

He regularly puts 125k+ on them in 4-5 years while he has them. Tows his boat, car, bike, etc. He had a problem with his driver side heat seat on his 2004 around 100k miles and 4 years old. The dealer wanted a grand to fix it so he didn't. Other than that I can't think of much. It's not cheap to fill up, that's for sure.

Overall, I don't think he'd chose another SUV over a suburban, it does exactly what he needs/wants, fairly reliably.

He looked at Lexus's, Cadillac's, BMW's, Fords and Pontiac's last year before buying another Suburban, I think cost wise it can't be beat is what he found.

I just sold my 06 Escalade biggest POS I have ever owned . Good luck to the next person who gets it LOL . I'm not to upset though bought it for $19500 through the auction sent it back through and got $18000 . The funny thing is same weekend I sold it my parents Tahoe had a electrical fire that totaled it out . I'm going back to Fords they never left me stranded .

BTW if anyone knows where a Ford crewcab powerstroke is , miles not a issue has to be leather . hit me up I'm in the market !

Thanks for the input guys. All of our Chevy trucks have 200k+ miles on them with very few issues (except one that's down with a fuel pump) FWIW. Took ownership of this Saturday, we'll see how it stacks up against our older chevys. On a 300ish mile trip Friday it got right around 17mpg, which isn't great but isn't terrible for AWD and such. I wish my Audi got 17mpg ;)