Craigslister renting personal cars

wnaplay1647545503

I might have a z06 for the next track day..

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/1531357822.html

I am renting out my personal luxury/sports cars because of financial hardship! The following vehicles are available for rent hourly or daily. I will not rent my cars to teenagers and any one with out valid insurance.

If you are interested in renting any one of my cars please email/text me the car and date you would like to rent. You can reach me at Alex (614) 270 8316 or by email. I am very busy so please email/text me first I will try to respond with in an hour.

2007 Corvette Z06, $398 for 3 days/$198 a day/ $99 for an hour.

2004 Austin Martin Vantage, $900/$398/$250

2008 Mercedes Benz Ml500 Suv, $300/$100/$50

2003 Mercedes Benz S500 $300/$100/$50

plus, doesnt insurance follow the car, and not the driver? i know when i bumped someone in my g/fs car and gave them my insurance info, there was an issue a couple weeks later. i honestly thought i had to give mine, but they wanted the insurance for the car. my insurance called me and said they weren't covering it, because they only cover my car

If you google number you get his full name, and see on his facebook page he just graduated OSU this year, and post of him owning/selling a 91 300zx that's blown up. I'm not sure these are his cars or his daddy's...or if this is even legit at all...

plus, doesnt insurance follow the car, and not the driver? i know when i bumped someone in my g/fs car and gave them my insurance info, there was an issue a couple weeks later. i honestly thought i had to give mine, but they wanted the insurance for the car. my insurance called me and said they weren't covering it, because they only cover my car

I'm just going to assume that completely changes when it's a business of renting the vehicles to a customer and not just a private individual letting another private individual borrow their car. Let's just ignore regular vehicle insurance and you put it on the renter to have insurance. I would guess you would need some pretty good insurance as a business renting out those cars to people for liability reasons.

Guest Removed

mine covers any car i drive :p

nice. Sounds like a real genius. He sounds like he doesn't have the correct insurance in place, and will get screwed sooner than later even if he's trying to do things right. It would be nice to rent a z06 for a day though for $200!

Guest tbutera2112
sounds like a scam...i bet he asks you to book for a later date, probably a month or two in advance because of a waiting list, then probably asks for a deposit sent through paypal or something, then when its time to get your car, you wont hear from him anymore

sounds like a scam...i bet he asks you to book for a later date, probably a month or two in advance because of a waiting list, then probably asks for a deposit sent through paypal or something, then when its time to get your car, you wont hear from him anymore

This, Although if he replies we shall find out!

In Ohio, inusrance does follow the car. However in temp situation such as if you go to Hertz, etc. and rent a car (in Ohio) you do not need the rental car companies insurance, your policy and deductibles, etc. will be 100% in effect. Save your money.

However in the case of this where he really doesn't have a business, he's just letting "a friend" drive his car with permission, unless his policy states specifically that only he is are covered when driving, other people will be covered by his policy first.

Guest JCroz91

yeah i read about a guy who did this.

he lives in florida...got a loan to buy a ferrari and rented it out. now he has like 30 supercars that he rents out. hes making crazy $. something like $1000 for 24 hours to rent a ferrari 360 spyder. guy has bentleys, bugatti's, lambos, saleens. whats a bad ass job