Watch out for this Columbus scammer!!!

RC K9

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope u get ur money back and tell them u needed that turbo to put on the car to get to work but since u couldent u need paid for the time and money u lost : P naw but that would be funny ... i seen that dude riding around in a mustang( white or silver) and a 95(ish) civic hatch i beleave.

i seen that dude riding around in a mustang( white or silver) and a 95(ish) civic hatch i beleave.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f302/SevereSarz/Unnamed.jpg

Mustangs long gone.

(It was silver with black stripes)

Dont know what hatch your talking about

I am working on getting his address. Don't really want to go to his apartment as I don't want to get shot. I am going to send him a certified letter outlining his options. He can either meet me somewhere and refund my money and I give him back the turbo or I will see him in court and pursue this to the fullest extent of the law; and he WILL lose. Every cop I have talked too said with the mountain of evidence I have, he can't win. So he can do this the easy way or the hard way, choice will be his. Edited by RC K9
spelled wrong

Before you take him to court, invite him to mediation. If you cant get your dispute resolved in mediation, or he no-shows to the mediation and you then take him to court, youll probably win, no question.

I took a former employer to mediation, and he showed up with my paycheck that he had been refusing to give me.

http://www.fcmcclerk.com/dept/court/files/FCMC_Small_Claims_Mediation_Brochure.pdf

Edited by AWW$HEEET

My close friend is running the same turbo on his 98 gst w/ a 6-bolt swap and his car is puttin down 545 FWHP!!!!

lol

did you see on his myspace it said

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=453420581&albumID=819610&imageID=6165393#a=819610&i=6165393

My close friend is running the same turbo on his 98 gst w/ a 6-bolt swap and his car is puttin down 545 FWHP!!!!

lol

did you see on his myspace it said

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=453420581&albumID=819610&imageID=6165393#a=819610&i=6165393

You sure he didnt use someone elses video of their car? :)

Got this dudes info. Drove by the address tonight...confirmed...his jeep was outside.

Ohio Vehicle Registration Report

Owner Name WHALEN*JORDON Owner Type Single Owner

Address 5675 TACOMA RD APT C

COLUMBUS, 43229

VIN# 1J4GZ78Y5TC255666 Plate Number EWX9473 SSN

Vehicle Category Passenger Car Vehicle Title 2510090083 Sticker 007EWX9473

Tax District Franklin Issue Date 10/01/2009 Expire Date 07/16/2010

Vehicle Description

Vehicle Make JEEP Model Year 1996 Vehicle Type Station Wagon

Unladen Weight 000000

Got this dudes info. Drove by the address tonight...confirmed...his jeep was outside.

Ohio Vehicle Registration Report

Owner Name WHALEN*JORDON Owner Type Single Owner

Address 5675 TACOMA RD APT C

COLUMBUS, 43229

VIN# 1J4GZ78Y5TC255666 Plate Number EWX9473 SSN

Vehicle Category Passenger Car Vehicle Title 2510090083 Sticker 007EWX9473

Tax District Franklin Issue Date 10/01/2009 Expire Date 07/16/2010

Vehicle Description

Vehicle Make JEEP Model Year 1996 Vehicle Type Station Wagon

Unladen Weight 000000

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Everyone%20Else/images-3/you-gonna-get-raped.jpg

It has been reaffirmed that it is not about what you know, but WHO you know. I owe a lot of thanks to individuals both on CR and Columbus DSM. I got bits and pieces of info from various individuals on both forums and and was able to get some info on my own...then it was just a matter of putting all the pieces together for the whole picture. I even have both of his grandparents (guessing on his mom's side) first and last names, home address, properties they own, businesses they own, and they are even members of a Mustang Club. Should this guy not cooperate with me outside of court, his grandparents are going to receive a letter on the kind of dirt bag their grandson really is...we will see what happens though. I am sending him a certified letter tomorrow and am giving him until 7pm on Friday the 8th to refund my money. After 7pm on Friday if my request to settle out of court isn't met, I will let the legal system settle this matter. See, I am a nice guy, I offer choices!

To address a few responses here we go...

1.) Do I want his address, yes, as well as his last name, I would like to confront the guy face to face to tell him he can either give me my money or the police and prosecutors office will be involved. I do NOT want it for the purpose of doing anything stupid like physical harm. Not going to physically harm another human being over $350.

2.) Miller, while I appreciate your offer, If I have someone do something of my choosing to another individual, and I am paying them, I had mind as well do it myself. That being said, I do NOT want to go to jail over something like this.

3.) OH8STi, I agree, I should not have bought the turbo under low light conditions where I could not give it a full, proper examination which would have allowed me to see the slightly curled 7 out of 12 fins. As for it being "my fault", partially yes, however, I don't think that makes bold faced lying and deceiving (fraud) right. I feel this individual bears a greater moral responsibility for lying and deception than I do for giving him the benefit of the doubt.

4.) Boosted 98GST, I am happy to hear of your skills pertaining to blindfolded turbo examination and perhaps next time I buy a turbo, you could be a real pal and examine it for me and maybe give me a few pointers. Maybe we can both do it blindfolded Star Wars style.

I have a stock Evo 8 turbo in perfect working condition if you want to pick it up. Ill give you the manifold, Turbo hotside oil and coolant lines for what you paid for that one.

I am good. I have my eye on a buschur 20G from a guy I have actually known for years, so when I recoup my money one way or another, I believe I am just going to go with that set up...he is cutting me a great deal on the turbo, exhaust manifold, all the lines, and external wastegate.