Watch out for this Columbus scammer!!!

RC K9

OK, so last evening I went to meet this kid named Jordan who had an Evo III 16G for sale. Said he got it from Forced Performance then bought a bigger turbo off his friend so he didn't need this one anymore. The #'s matched the Evo III and looked like it was brand new, never installed; which is what he told me (I have the text messages to prove it.) I checked it for shaft play in the low light of the Giant Eagle parking lot at 161 and 71. Nothing out of the ordinary. I paid him and we went our separate ways. I got home, and started doing some further inspection , and start twisting the hot side while looking at the cold side with an LED flashlight, and the gosh darn center isn't staying in the center! The center rod has to be bent! And sure enough, 7 of the 12 fins are curled back from the point of their rotation where they rub the inlet! I texted the dude about it and he kept telling me that is was normal and nothing some oil and coolant wouldn't fix. Said to install it and if I wasn't happy he would give me my money back. I got 2 other opinions from 2 guys in the DSM community I have a lot of respect for and they confirmed it, this turbo can NOT be used! So I sent the kid a text today, and called him and left a VM. No response. I call him about 20 minutes ago...he discontinued his phone#! I don't know if the compressor housing had been taken off and the turbo dropped, causing the rod to bend or what but there is no way this guy didn't know about the turbo's condition. Watch out for this guy! His name is Jordan. His # before he discontinued it was 614-935-5658, and he drives and Red Jeep Grand Cherokee with license plate # EWX9473. If anyone has any other info on this guy they can give me I would greatly appreciate it. Ripping people off is garbage! Stay away from this guy!

P.S. One other detail, this guy kept bashing slow motion saying they blew his motor he had $10K into and kept telling me I should go to IPS for everything I need. Here are links to his craigslist ad (the one I responded to unfortunately) as well as some other ads I guess he has up that some other DSM'ers showed me.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/1500244417.html

http://columbus.craigslist.org/rvs/1495924738.html

http://columbus.craigslist.org/grd/1505105900.html

and a paintpall gun:

http://columbus.craigslist.org/spo/1495911359.html

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

considering it but I don't want to put myself in a situation where I may do something stupid and regret. Talked to the police today and they said I need to talk to the prosecutors office on Monday to see if this is something I can legally pursue...

considering it but I don't want to put myself in a situation where I may do something stupid and regret. Talked to the police today and they said I need to talk to the prosecutors office on Monday to see if this is something I can legally pursue...

That would've been my first action, but you make a good point. If this guy was stupid enough to push the action once I met him again, I'd have to beat his ass and that wouldn't help me. Good luck with this ass. Where at did you meet this guy? Wouldn't happen to be northside or delaware would it?

Nah, I met him at the Giant Eagle off 161 and 71. If I catch him him, I will just tell him he owes me $350. If he refuses, I will tell him he is about to have a whirlwind of legal trouble both criminal and civil and see if that changes his mind. He will get what is coming to him in the end be it through me or someone else. God is watching you creep.

I have my CCW and always carry so me being stupid in a situation would get that revoked and I don't want that to happen so that is my incentive to watch my P's and Q's.

So let someone else kick his ass

who knows where he got that pic from...upon further investigation, I found he got at least 3 of the photos for the turbo off the internet. 1 is on DSMtuners.com and the other is off forcedperformace.com. Can't remember where I saw the other two...

I inspected in the giant eagle parking lot at 5pm (dusk). Shaft play was what would be expected for having no oil or coolant...nothing out of the ordinary there, and the thing looked brand new...no exhaust residue or anything. Clean as a whistle from what I could tell. It wasn't until I got it home and was able to look really closely at the compressor fins with my LED light that I was able to see the issue.

who knows where he got that pic from...upon further investigation, I found he got at least 3 of the photos for the turbo off the internet. 1 is on DSMtuners.com and the other is off forcedperformace.com. Can't remember where I saw the other two...

u can tell he didnt take the pics they have different background !:confused:

Nah, I met him at the Giant Eagle off 161 and 71. If I catch him him, I will just tell him he owes me $350. If he refuses, I will tell him he is about to have a whirlwind of legal trouble both criminal and civil and see if that changes his mind. He will get what is coming to him in the end be it through me or someone else. God is watching you creep.

I have my CCW and always carry so me being stupid in a situation would get that revoked and I don't want that to happen so that is my incentive to watch my P's and Q's.

This happen to me before and funny thing it had to do with a dsm, it all depends on how far you want to take it and how deep your wallet is. The police can get involed but cant do shit about it, I learned this the hard way the only thing you could do legally file a report then take him to small claims court. after it was all said in done I had a 1100$ lawyer bill for 2500 in parts so in the long run I still ended up fucked because of the bill and I never got the parts . If your doing the whole court deal make sure you stop making threats online you do know this is all public right?

The different backgrounds should have been the first clue, I agree. Live and learn.

As for people running the plate #'s, only LEO's and PI's can do that investigation as that info is not available to the general public (unfortunately), and a police officer needs "probable cause" to run someones plate #.

I am not making any threats. That would be illegal. I am simply stating my potential options to to rectify the situation.

Want this fuckers address?

This happen to me before and funny thing it had to do with a dsm, it all depends on how far you want to take it and how deep your wallet is. The police can get involed but cant do shit about it, I learned this the hard way the only thing you could do legally file a report then take him to small claims court. after it was all said in done I had a 1100$ lawyer bill for 2500 in parts so in the long run I still ended up fucked because of the bill and I never got the parts . If your doing the whole court deal make sure you stop making threats online you do know this is all public right?

Yeah, but did you really need a lawyer in small claims. I have sued in small claims 4 times and never spent more than the court cost. Which was in turn payed by the person I was suing.

Yeah, but did you really need a lawyer in small claims. I have sued in small claims 4 times and never spent more than the court cost. Which was in turn payed by the person I was suing.

Well since it was a personal sale, I had no proof I even bought the stuff from the guy in the first place, I needed a lawyer and police to get all my text and phone logs ect, we pretty much had to prove it. Personally I could be blind folded and tell you a turbo is bad or used. I bet the guy took the C clip out and bead blasted and painted all the parts to look new, and used the old CHRA.

To address a few responses here we go...

1.) Do I want his address, yes, as well as his last name, I would like to confront the guy face to face to tell him he can either give me my money or the police and prosecutors office will be involved. I do NOT want it for the purpose of doing anything stupid like physical harm. Not going to physically harm another human being over $350.

2.) Miller, while I appreciate your offer, If I have someone do something of my choosing to another individual, and I am paying them, I had mind as well do it myself. That being said, I do NOT want to go to jail over something like this.

3.) OH8STi, I agree, I should not have bought the turbo under low light conditions where I could not give it a full, proper examination which would have allowed me to see the slightly curled 7 out of 12 fins. As for it being "my fault", partially yes, however, I don't think that makes bold faced lying and deceiving (fraud) right. I feel this individual bears a greater moral responsibility for lying and deception than I do for giving him the benefit of the doubt.

4.) Boosted 98GST, I am happy to hear of your skills pertaining to blindfolded turbo examination and perhaps next time I buy a turbo, you could be a real pal and examine it for me and maybe give me a few pointers. Maybe we can both do it blindfolded Star Wars style.