Beautiful restoration of old garage.

GonneVille

It was definitely a "labor of love", as the equipment/renovation was expensive, as was the use of 3 people over 2 years to make it worthwhile. Believe me, it would take tons of money.

It looks like he reused a few key pieces, like the in-ground lift and the arc welder.

How many run-down places like this do you see in rural Ohio? I hope that more people restore older stuff than resort to building new crap. The renewed character this garage now has is awesome.

How many run-down places like this do you see in rural Ohio? I hope that more people restore older stuff than resort to building new crap. The renewed character this garage now has is awesome.

Definately he could have went and got himself a metal building, super insulated, with a bunch of new shit inside, in 1/10 the time im sure....

Nothing beats bringing new life into a dump. Definately the kind of work I like the most

It wouldn't take tons of money to do this...most expensive part is labor, and he did it himself.

I must define tons differently. Even with him doing the labor, it's not an inexpensive renovation. He put some serious money into that place.

Am I the only one that doesn't like the overhang extension he built on the left side? or the overall decorating/materials used in his garage?

Its a sweet project, and one that required incredible amounts of skill, time and money, but just doens't "do it" for me. I love that he did it, just the execution isn't to my liking. (as if it matters)

Wow just got done check out the pictures! that is so awesome he kept some of the org stuff, I bet the family that use to own that is very proud of what he did! You can just only imagine what that shop has seen over the years, how many projects have come in and out, old fords from the 30-40's hot rodders from the 50's, mussle car era of the 60-70's and now that rice bucket dsm in 2010 J/k .....either way that is freaken sweet.

He completely excavated that old Rotary lift to repair a couple pinhole leaks, then sheathed it so any future leaks would be contained. I love that he kept and restored the original pump and controller for it, too. I think the whole thing is just too nice for words.

BTW, the guy kept almos everything he cleaned out and is slowly going through it and deciding what can be saved, what can be thrown out, and what gets sold for scrap.

"Took tons of money"

Probably, but he has cashed in on 48 tons of scrap (hard to believe, but the article says that). And, there is a huge market for a lot of the stuff he pulled out of there. He could probably organize and sell off enough shit to pay for a lot of the project.

As a kid that grew up in repair shop garages, that is extremely cool.

It wouldn't take tons of money to do this...most expensive part is labor, and he did it himself.

This is partly true. I bet he has alot more then one would think in it. Though the inside of the garage was basically just cleaning out the mess that was in there. The outside was a complete redo even the structure stayed the same. He saved alot with it being a block building but all new doors, siding, roof can get costly. Once the inside was cleaned out, its basically some new electric, paint, and putting in any tools he wants in there.