New to CR..

Red-Sol

welcome. If 250 whp is your goal, your better off selling it and buying an LS1.

i have taken that thought to consideration, but my goal isn't to make as much power as i posibly can and see just how fast it is. Shure I want some get up and go, but also like having good fuel economy and the ability to do other things like auto cross other than just drag racing. Plus it's a DD so 4 cylinder fuel economy is the way to go ;)

Besides that, the H22 has FRM cylinder walls. Boring it would be destroying it. I know this because I just got done rebuilding one. Best bet would be darton sleeves forged pistons, and well like they said boost the hell out of it.

Welcome.

so who would i have re-sleeve my motor?

Guest Removed
ha good points made there, i wana do just a basic H series swap. the plan is to build a N/A motor and make some where in the neighborhood of 250 whp. it's already dropped about 2.5 inches but that's about it. I'm workin on an extremely tight budget at the moment lol

k series swap would do that....

i have taken that thought to consideration, but my goal isn't to make as much power as i posibly can and see just how fast it is. Shure I want some get up and go, but also like having good fuel economy and the ability to do other things like auto cross other than just drag racing. Plus it's a DD so 4 cylinder fuel economy is the way to go ;)

then you dont know ls1's very well lol. There have been guys getting 30+ mpg with 6 speed ls1 cars. Plus with a few simple bolts ons, you would easily be over the 250 whp mark. But either way good luck with the project. I vote for at least a turbo though lol.

then you dont know ls1's very well lol. There have been guys getting 30+ mpg with 6 speed ls1 cars. Plus with a few simple bolts ons, you would easily be over the 250 whp mark. But either way good luck with the project. I vote for at least a turbo though lol.

thanks, and i can forsee a turbo project, but it might take me a minute to build up the proper fundage to do it right lol

• 2 weeks later...
fail..

IF you're on a tight budget you will not be able to afford the sleeves let alone the proper machine work. Any sleeved 4 cly forged internal motor even doing 75% of the work yourself will be in 2500-3000 just in all basic parts alone, then add machine work and the stuff you have to pay someone else to build it.