Why is ther such a rush to pass Gov't Healthcare?

KillJoy

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not 100% sure of the number but I believe last I heard there were some 40 million people without healthcare, I'm sure they would like to see something pass. Though I agree about sloppiness part, its sad this issue has become such a clusterfuck.

becuase the politicians that preyed on the weak and the stupid know if they don't hurry up and pass this bill that will probably line their pockets it will never get done.

hell the people in massachutes are so pissed they voted republican when they replaced kennedy

becuase the politicians that preyed on the weak and the stupid know if they don't hurry up and pass this bill that will probably line their pockets it will never get done.

hell the people in massachutes are so pissed they voted republican when they replaced kennedy

you win the most misinformed post of the day award.

the people in MA don't care about healthcare because their state system has already progressed waaaay beyond where the federal healthcare bill aims to be.

the people in MA don't care about healthcare because their state system has already progressed waaaay beyond where the federal healthcare bill aims to be.

bingo...or at least thats the way it came off to me.

if 98% (thats what i heard) of MA people are covered, what is there incentive to put someone in the senate that is going to vote for a NATIONAL health care bill, which isnt going to be any better than what they have, and they're going to have to pay higher taxes? really, it wouldnt benefit them.

I'm not 100% sure of the number but I believe last I heard there were some 40 million people without healthcare, I'm sure they would like to see something pass. Though I agree about sloppiness part, its sad this issue has become such a clusterfuck.

I'd have to find the statistic, but only a small percentage of those people without healthcare, actually want healthcare.

I'd have to find the statistic, but only a small percentage of those people without healthcare, actually want healthcare.

:lol:

i can't speak for others, but i can tell you, when i moved out of my parents house when i was 20, and insurance through my work was $80 biweekly (dental/vision was extra), i WISHED i could have done something to have insurance. making $10.02/hr or so, rent, utilities, car, car insurance, etc, that wasn't possible

you cant even imagine how happy i was when i got to my new job making almost $2/hr more and medical/dental/extra life insurance was <$43/biweekly. and this year, i got even more extra life insurance (5x annual salary as opposed to 2x, since i have a house now), and its <$41/biweekly

i dont know what kind of retarded person without healthcare would not want it. the last thing i want if i get sick is to get stuck with a fuckload of medical bills

I have no healthcare:(

do you want health care? (just going off hal's post)

Edited by evan9381

que? kennedy was ramming public healthcare down their throat even though they didn't want it and they vote republican to replace him....(in a democratic state)

maybe I just didn't say it right

I really do not understand the massive push got get this passed ASAP.

1/2 of Congress is against it.

It seems 60% of Americans are against it.

Why does President Obama want this passed so urgently? Urgency leads to sloppiness.

KillJoy

They aren't trying to rush it through before Scott Brown is seated. If the dems. were to pull a dick move, it would be to work day and night to get this passed so they could use their supermajority in senate to ram it through.

Obama said he wouldnt do it, and Dingy Harry Reid said he wouldnt do it. And for this I am grateful. My bet is that it never passes.

:lol:

i can't speak for others, but i can tell you, when i moved out of my parents house when i was 20, and insurance through my work was $80 biweekly (dental/vision was extra), i WISHED i could have done something to have insurance. making $10.02/hr or so, rent, utilities, car, car insurance, etc, that wasn't possible

you cant even imagine how happy i was when i got to my new job making almost $2/hr more and medical/dental/extra life insurance was <$43/biweekly. and this year, i got even more extra life insurance (5x annual salary as opposed to 2x, since i have a house now), and its <$41/biweekly

i dont know what kind of retarded person without healthcare would not want it. the last thing i want if i get sick is to get stuck with a fuckload of medical bills

do you want health care? (just going off hal's post)

You really do get pissy when someone doesn't agree with your opinion, don't you?

I didn't have healthcare for two years and I didn't care. If the .gov offered it, I would not have taken it.

They aren't trying to rush it through before Scott Brown is seated. If the dems. were to pull a dick move, it would be to work day and night to get this passed so they could use their supermajority in senate to ram it through.

Obama said he wouldnt do it, and Dingy Harry Reid said he wouldnt do it. And for this I am grateful. My bet is that it never passes.

The President was "pushing" to have it passed before the Christmas Break.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

I really do not understand the massive push got get this passed ASAP.

1/2 of Congress is against it.

It seems 60% of Americans are against it.

Why does President Obama want this passed so urgently? Urgency leads to sloppiness.

KillJoy

When this man is agaist it that speaks volumes

http://mmajunkie.com/news/17627/brock-lesnar-says-high-protein-diet-to-blame-for-ailment-vows-permanent-change.mma

Not to mention if you sent him to speak in front of congress I bet they would listen :)

I'm thinking they are waiting for him to be seated because they know they won't pass it afterwards. I think they are ready to let it die, knowing that public opinion is against them and that its a bad bill, so now when it goes nowhere and their party is breathing down their necks, they can blame the big mean boogyman GOP party for crushing it even though they allowed it to die.

And as for how the country feels about this issue, here are some numbers

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/healthcare/september_2009/health_care_reform

no alot of those people want it but most of those people in that figure are illegal aliens.:mad:

im paying $38/month for good dental and medical coverage, i dont want the obamamites screwing that up for me and taxing me more.

Please stop polluting the discourse with factual inaccuracies. You do a disservice to those willing to trust that you did your homework.

Twenty-one percent of the uninsured are immigrants, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation. But that figure includes both those who are here legally and those who are not. The number of illegal immigrants who are included in the official statistics is unknown. -http://www.factcheck.org/2009/06/the-real-uninsured/

You really do get pissy when someone doesn't agree with your opinion, don't you?

I didn't have healthcare for two years and I didn't care. If the .gov offered it, I would not have taken it.

thats not my opinion, that's me thinking your statement is a bit of BS. i cant imagine people who dont have insurance dont want it.

now, if you want to actually follow up with your previous post and provide a credible source for your statistic that "only a small percentage of those people without healthcare, actually want healthcare", i'll stand corrected.

thats not my opinion, that's me thinking your statement is a bit of BS. i cant imagine people who dont have insurance dont want it.

now, if you want to actually follow up with your previous post and provide a credible source for your statistic that "only a small percentage of those people without healthcare, actually want healthcare", i'll stand corrected.

Here you go, dipshit. Try doing research for yourself. This is only one source BTW. If you got your head out of your opinionated ass, you'd know that.

http://www.coverageforall.org/pdf/BC-BS_Uninsured-America.pdf

Boils down to about 8M uninsured who want it. That's ~17% IIRC. ~.02% of the total population.

Edit: You actually have to look into the document posted to understand the numbers. It shouldn't be that difficult, but it wouldn't surprise me if someone on CR failed to grasp the point.

Edited by Hal

no alot of those people want it but most of those people in that figure are illegal aliens.:mad:

im paying $38/month for good dental and medical coverage, i dont want the obamamites screwing that up for me and taxing me more.

Not the majority, but correct to a point. Illegal aliens are counted in the total number of uninsured.

Perhaps next, the taxpayers can take care of your car payment, perhaps your heating bill ? If you get sick, and don't have insurance it is your bill to pay, not every other person in America's.:mad: