another newb!

cdeezy2003

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Facepalm plus rolleyes.......lol

Just waiting for winter to finish. I have no desire to go out and lay on cold concrete.

You need to get that thing ready and come with us to Norwalk and Thompson this spring!

you talkin about friday night chaos? im planning on checking that out. im redoing all my suspension right now, going all DA coilovers and TRZ a arms up front. i bought 5 cog pulleys for the head unit now i need a crank pulley. vortech makes a 80 tooth for $325 that its lookin like im gonna have to buy.

You get the car legal for an 8.50 cert yet?

Here is what going to be run at Thompson. Large thread over on YB http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=204184

We recently met with Jim Curtis of Thompson Raceway Park to discuss adding an '8.90 heads-up index class' to run at the track and the

meeting went extremely well to say the least. We will be having a 'test session' in early May and if we have a good showing Jim Curtis

will be adding the 8.90 class to run on all of Thompson Raceway's ASPHALT WARS dates!!! (final dates to be announced) Below are the rules

that we presented Jim Curtis for this class.

8.90 OUTLAW STREET GAMBLERS (name suggestion) RULES

BODY/INTERIOR

1. Full-bodied factory street type cars (domestic and import)

2. Working Headlights and Taillights mandatory, this means headlights NOT foglamps

3. NO DRAGSTERS, ROADSTERS, ALTERDS OR CENTER STEER CARS

4. Must be street appearing/no gutted interiors/carpetedinterior even if rear seat is removed (The interior should look clean

andprofessionally done)

5. Must have interior door panels

6. Racecar lettering on windows only (minor exceptions may apply)

7. Back half or stock REAR suspension permitted

8. Windows, Lexan permitted (Roll down windows optional)

9. Must have stock style front suspension

10. No full round or square tube chassis cars

11. Any size drive tires permitted

ELECTRONICS

12. Bracket Racing Aids: No throttle stops, No Electric shifters or Optical sensors.

13. No delay boxes or other driver aided electronics.

The application or use of any device, mechanical or electronic, that permit the driver to ascertain the position of their vehicle in

relation to the starting line is prohibited.

14. Progressive Nitrous controller system permitted

15. No electric or air shifters.

SAFETY

All cars must meet all current IHRA/NHRA SAFETY REQUIREMENTS

Drivers are required to wear the required safety equipment for the ET's that are being run.

RULES COMMITTEE

All cars will be reviewed by a RULES COMMITTEE to ensure they meet the spirit of the class. Fairness is all we are promoting.

THERE WILL BE NO 'GUTTED' RACECARS PERMITTED TO RACE, IF THE CAR DOESN'T FIT THE SPIRIT OF THE RULES IT WILL NOT RACE WITH THE 8.90

INDEX CARS.

FORMAT

1/4 MILE RACE

8.90 INDEX

.400 PRO TREE (COURTESY STAGING IN EFFECT)

16 CAR QUALIFIED FIELD

CARS QUALIFIED 8.8999 OR QUICKER ARE SITUATED AFTER THE SLOWEST

QUALIFIED CAR IN THE FINAL QUALIFYING ORDER.

PROFESSIONAL RUN ORDER (1 VS. 16, 2 VS. 15, ETC.)

DOUBLE BREAKOUT CLOSEST TO 8.90 WINS

IF 20 OR MORE CARS ENTERED THERE WILL BE A GAMBLER STYLE RACE AMOUNGST CARS QUALIFIED NO. 17 AND LOWER (WE WANT EVERYONE TO

RACE)

IF ONLY 19 CARS ARE ENTERED, QUALIFIED CARS NO. 17, 18 AND 19 WILL BE ABLE TO RACE IN THE TRACKS REGULAR BRACKET PROGRAM

PAYOUTS/ENTRY

ENTRY FEE $50.00 at the gate

PAYOUT IS 100 PERCENT !!

80 PERCENT TO WINNER

20 PERCENT TO RUNNER-UP

THESE ARE THE FINAL RULES.

please send all inquiries to; Paul Suloff VIPERAKRON@AOL.COM or Tom Cowle RAMBLERBME@YAHOO.COM.

DO NOT CONTACT THE TRACK ABOUT THE RULES.

sounds like it would be something to tryout, kinda far for me but so is norwalk. have they set dates yet? ill need atleast a couple tnt sessions to get my suspension settings close and feeling out higher boost levels. im switching over to a msd 7531 box also so that will need set up too. so its safe to say after i tune it after the mods ill come up and run in it. know any one who needs a digital 6 with a blaster coil? ill probally sell my btm also. i have the bars that i need to weld in in the garage to put me at 8.50 but i need someone who can tig because the headliner is in the car and it wont be able to be put back once the bars are in. a tig wont burn holes in the fabric.

ill see if i can throw somemore up tonight, i gotta work today so it will be way later, i work 12s. i think ive read a lil bit on other forums about your truck, i think our combos a similar with a few differences. im on E85 also thats why i was payin attention.

Im liking e85 so far ill start to blend it this season so it stays safe on the tune. that 8.90s race sounds fun. is kilkare doin there heads up stuff again

there gonna run osm classes again, they changed the rules this year so be sure to check the out for whatever class you wanna run.there is a big write up on it on yellowbullet, list all the new rules by class.

ILl tell him he will proably wana pick it up this weekend he is adding a little spray to his cutlas. ill check on the rules. its still geared toward fast street cars isint it? i wanted to try the 6.50 class. but then i couldent figure out how to slow down enough wg wasent working 100 percent. id like to see a 5.50 class

im running the a2000, i was leaning out with my quick fuel, i was thinking i was running the bowls dry so i sold it and went to a holley hp with dual needle and seats and boost reference powervalves from csu, havent had no problems so far. i havent thrown alot of boost at it yet, im gonna see how 20-22psi treats me. if i go above that im going to start looking at goin to a belt drive fuel pump set up. what kinda boost are you running?

ILl tell him he will proably wana pick it up this weekend he is adding a little spray to his cutlas. ill check on the rules. its still geared toward fast street cars isint it? i wanted to try the 6.50 class. but then i couldent figure out how to slow down enough wg wasent working 100 percent. id like to see a 5.50 class

it shouldnt be illegal in any class, gearheadz contacted me first on it, if he turns out to not want it its yours....

what are your air fuel numbers the dyno said i was leaning out to 12.2 on the gas scale i know its supposed to be arround 10.8-11.0 wot for a safe tune

my buddie said he would do 175 on the box let me know

the box sold already, my AF numbers....well i havent been back to the dyno with the new carb yet but its comming as soon as i get the new headers on, i dont believe my wideband is being honest with me because of where i have the sensor placed. im gonna move it further from the header evac tube on the new setup. so as of right now its only been tuned by times vs plug reading vs jet size...you know that drill.

what did kevin charge you for the dual bowls? i have a csu blowthrough 850 on it now, with dual brpvs and the powervlave circuts are drilled to 086. front and rear. 4 circuts each and 090 090 jets

the bowls where $500 extra on top of the conversion. by the time i got my carb back the bill was $1150. i dont know what size he has anything drilled to, havent given it much effort to find out. if i end up needing to open them up i will but as of right now Kevin said he has it "setup to move a shit load of fuel if it needs to".