CBS Rejects gay dating site Superbowl Ad.

SpaceGhost

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop there. You do have the choice, great thing about america and the invention of remotes.

you know what I mean.....I don't want to have to flip from a TV show when I go to get a slice of pizza and my son is still there watching, nor do I want to see it at all. just the same and as Brian said, if you want to equally pull the sexy girl ads, then fine, do it. I doubt Straight America will make a big deal about it like the homesexuals are doing.

if gay men want to advertise like this, then they can put their brains together and set up the funding and start the gay channel network and advertise man on man all day and night. I just hope they don't expect the NFL to air the game of the year on their station. /issue.

He does it on purpose. He starts the pot of water and I occasionally come in and stir it :D

CR would be boring without it all ;) My wife thinks it's hysterical that we BS about this online too. Bunch of Macho e-thugs into cars bantering about the support of homosexuality :o

:asshole: is still laughing at us all. I'm beginning to laugh too.

CR would be boring without it all ;) My wife thinks it's hysterical that we BS about this online too. Bunch of Macho e-thugs into cars bantering about the support of homosexuality :o

:asshole: is still laughing at us all. I'm beginning to laugh too.

haha It was a pleasure gents.........off to work.

• Upvote 1

It's not "extreme hate" of gays. I can't say I really "hate" anyone. That's a bit extreme and I don't think I've come across that way. Let's just say I'm not as tolerant as you and others who feel a gay lifestyle needs to be shoved down the throats of the public at large in the worlds most widely seen venue. Gays are out there, but I don't feel they need to come forward as Rick states and try and cry for acceptance by everyone. IMO, that's a bit insecure of them. They just need to accept who they are and live life as they wish.

I'm all for them getting joint benefits at work, and I really don't care if states recognize marriages of gays. However, I'm far less tolerant of them coming into my home on a commercial trying to promote the lifestyle. I can turn off a gay centered TV show and not have their site on my computer, but commercials....that's going too far.

I have a cousin who is gay and he and several acquaintances who are too. I don't hate them. I just don't condone their lifestyle nor will I lie to them and pretend I do. When they "committed" their relationship I sent them a very nice gift because I like my cousin. He's a good person. But no, I wasn't about to attend the ceremony or party. They know my stance and are fine with it. We're family and we stay together but I'm not going to pretend I support their lifestyle. In their case, we tolerate each other I suppose.

Brian is right, I'm a bit over the top in terms of vocalizing my opinion, but many here are and that's cool. Again, it's the interweb and we are in America. In terms of protecting my kids, yes, I will do that and I don't need the extremest of this world polluting their mind with crap.

I have and will continue to raise my kids my way and without the influence of others on particular matters. Sexuality being one of them. My son is a great kid, never picks on anyone and never looks at anyone by race, color, etc. In fact I find that a great thing about him. Sometimes he makes us older folks feel guilty with his good vision. In terms of gay vs straight though, he will form his own view, but I'm not about to inform him that I accept it. In time he will know that I tolerate it but will not accept it. His adult choice will be his and I won't fight it.

http://i49.tinypic.com/nq9q1i.jpg

Let me guess, you hate black people too, for having BET, and trying to influence your lifestyle.

You know, maybe you should expose your kid to homosexuality. Because unlike your obvious belief, it is something someone is born with, not a choice. But maybe exposing him will allow him to grow up and be tolerant of others, unlike his bigot father.

Let me guess, you hate black people too, for having BET, and trying to influence your lifestyle.

You know, maybe you should expose your kid to homosexuality. Because unlike your obvious belief, it is something someone is born with, not a choice. But maybe exposing him will allow him to grow up and be tolerant of others, unlike his bigot father.

I dont like that argument. When Richard Simmons was born I dont think he knew some day he would enjoy a hairy man pounding his ass crack.

For the love of 19 year old vs 39 year old debates...

Disliking something does not equal bigotry.

However, I am a full-on, flaming, flamboyant bigot.

EDIT - and super kudo points for trying to involve race into this discussion. Here, let me make sure I use the correct smiley... :rolleyes:

I think I've made it clear how the word Hate doesn't enter my vocabulary. Read my posts. To answer your though, No and No. Again, if you read my posts, you'd see how I am encouraging homosexuals to form their own network. For all I know they have already.

Nice try and trying to provoke me on race. In college I dated a black girl and have a black relative in my immediate family and a Japanese brother in law who I love too.

Homosexuality isn't something one is only born with. It is also something that is socially influenced, but if you want to debate that you'll have to go elsewhere.

So far as being a Bigot, you obviously don't understand the term.

I am very tolerant of the gay viewpoint and don't express hatred towards people who are gay. I don't approve of the lifestyle and don't want it forced on me or my family and am quite tolerant of those around me who are gay.

By tolerant I mean, I live among those around me but don't go spouting off my viewpoint unless provoked. That said, I don't appreciate them trying and force it into the mainstream, during the Superbowl, through commercials that don't allow the majority who oppose it to turn it off.

IMO, that's about as equivalent as advertising a "white power" web site on BET on Martin Luther King Day. Arrogant, disrespectful and without regard for others.

I dont like that argument. When Richard Simmons was born I dont think he knew some day he would enjoy a hairy man pounding his ass crack.

I'm pretty sure when I was born I also didn't realize I was sucking on my mom's tits, and that just today I got extreme enjoyment out of doing the same thing to my girlfriend. I know a couple gay guys that were raised in very traditional, conservative, small town settings. I'm pretty sure social influence would have led them on the path to be straight, and yet here they are living otherwise.

you know nothing. Your a FUCKING kid. Keep your mouth shut and just observe. Thats all you need to do.

They just bother me alot, felt like sharing it with you guys. Also I didnt have as much of a problem with it untill they started wanting all this attention, and putting up commercial? They should be hiding in their closets.

The amount of fail is unmeasurable. They are advertising as a business, what business doesn't want attention? That's the entire point of advertising during the Super Bowl.

Tim, usually I tend to agree with 90% of the things you say but goddamn not right now. I'm gonna side with LJ, and Aaron on this one. This entire thread just reinforces the stereotype that CR is full of very "conservative", oppressive and for lack of a better word Rednecks who are scared of anything different.

True intelligence is found through time, observation, and comprehension. At 19 I was smarter than people twice my age. At 30 I'm two times smarter than I was at 19. Never write someone off just because of the number of year they have spent on this planet.

True intelligence is found through time, observation, and comprehension. At 19 I was smarter than people twice my age. At 30 I'm two times smarter than I was at 19. Never write someone off just because of the number of year they have spent on this planet.

You're confusing intelligence with wisdom. Intelligence is a measure of how fast one learns, and how well one processes new information and experience. Wisdom is an subjective measure of how one uses their judgment and experience to make decisions.

you know nothing. Your a FUCKING kid. Keep your mouth shut and just observe. Thats all you need to do.

And you're a fucking dumbass. His viewpoint is every bit as valid as yours, so don't go throwing around orders like you've got some kind of moral authority because your stupidity has had more years to develop than his.

I think I've made it clear how the word Hate doesn't enter my vocabulary. Read my posts. To answer your though, No and No. Again, if you read my posts, you'd see how I am encouraging homosexuals to form their own network. For all I know they have already.

I am very tolerant of the gay viewpoint and don't express hatred towards people who are gay. I don't approve of the lifestyle and don't want it forced on me or my family and am quite tolerant of those around me who are gay.

By tolerant I mean, I live among those around me but don't go spouting off my viewpoint unless provoked. That said, I don't appreciate them trying and force it into the mainstream, during the Superbowl, through commercials that don't allow the majority who oppose it to turn it off.

Wow, where have I heard this before? Oh, yeah, I seem to remember this whole "separate-but-equal" thing they gave up on back in the 60s...

By tolerant, you mean that you don't express your intolerance to their faces. By tolerant, you mean you'll put up with them existing as long as you are never made uncomfortable by them actually expressing themselves. You don't care if they're around as long as they're invisible. That's not tolerance, it's passive-aggressive bullshit.

BTW, you have a remote, unless it's stuck up your ass along with your head.

• Upvote 1