new helmet

CbusBusa

Felt like blowing some money so I just picked up the newly designed Shoei RF-1100 Sever 2. It even has molded areas for the Chatterbox ear pieces. The headliner is removable now too. Got it for $512 with a dark smoke visor. It fits like a glove compared to my old helmet. I wanted the OGK FF-5 Scream, but I got impatient.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/transamdrag98/sever2side.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/transamdrag98/sever2back.jpg

i never understood paying $500 for a helmet, but it looks cool!

I hit a wall doing 60 mph with a Shoei and still live to tell about it... My buddy wrecked at 25 mph with a Vega and it split in half... There is a reason why you should buy $500 helmets and not the $19.99 specials...

Great choice!

I love shoei helmets!

i have an X-11 and the wife has a RF-1000

they are great fitting, light weight, very well vented helmets that are of the utmost quality.

i want a new X-12, but i dont want to drop the money on a new helmet when i have a perfectly good X-11 i wear.

but when i need a new helmet ill be buying the X-12

I can bet your head fits nicely into an Arai RadioFlyer

As for spending 500 on a helmet. I've always viewed it as the helmet is protecting my head, which contains my brain which differentiates me from a brocolli. True that just about any helmet that is more than 200 will probably do fine on the protection part, the extra I've always viewed for the creature comforts. My shoei fits my head wonderfully, is very light and comfortable, and it gives me the amount of airflow I need. This to me is worth the difference in price between say a mid level HJC and a mid level Shoei.

I keep trying to convince my buddy to get a good helmet too.. hes a cheap bastard sometimes though and always seems to try and find a cheap way out of everything. I never understood people when it comes to buying cheap shit sometimes honestly, especially something that can save your life???

Nice buy though! Im gonna sport a new X12 when the season rolls around myself ftw

I keep trying to convince my buddy to get a good helmet too.. hes a cheap bastard sometimes though and always seems to try and find a cheap way out of everything. I never understood people when it comes to buying cheap shit sometimes honestly, especially something that can save your life???

Nice buy though! Im gonna sport a new X12 when the season rolls around myself ftw

Bell Star

I bought a "Cheap Ass" helmet too to be honest with you.

Bell Star retails for 550 and they have disco models on sale for 150. If you don't like the graphics spend the remaining 400 and get it painted. Your head's not something to skimp on.

I have a buddy who went down wearing a cheap helmet and the entire chin protection snapped clear off when he hit the ground.

Bell Star

I bought a "Cheap Ass" helmet too to be honest with you.

Bell Star retails for 550 and they have disco models on sale for 150. If you don't like the graphics spend the remaining 400 and get it painted. Your head's not something to skimp on.

I have a buddy who went down wearing a cheap helmet and the entire chin protection snapped clear off when he hit the ground.

Damn, that made my chin hurt...

Damn, that made my chin hurt...

Yup untill a week ago we had a Arai quantum II that had been wrecked in at 65MPH. You should have seen the damage. The guy lived, but honest to god would not have if he had been wearing anything but a $600 lid. If there is one thing in life not to cheap out on it's a lid, it is the ONLY thing between the road and you head. Would you wear a $50 seat belt in your car?