Liter bikes...

nochknstrps

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see what you're saying but thats still a fucking liter bike, you schmuck. What happens when that little bottle is empty? Well I guess it is a good way to bump your displacement when a piston or two punches thru your block.

Oh yeah very honest opinion abt liter bikes, you might not be so bad after all.

I agree that nitrous isnt the answer to all displacment problems, I prefer a well setup turdbine system but I can find any 1000rr's with a nice turbo kit and not chopped to hell. Dont get me wrong, nitrous is a potent tool when used correctly and very efficient for the cost. Hell most bikes have forged internals somewhat and the factory injectors are hell big so power adders arent a half bad idea IF you can keep the front tire on the ground.

I think that liter bikes are a very happy medium for the street, they are easier to ride and a bit more comfortable to manage. At the track thats a different story but I have never been on the track on a bike so I cant really say what I would prefer, but a 600 750 would be my first choice.

mmmkay, now I'll got get turbo or nos on my Busa. still get the same results. So again, there's no replacement.

I have watched many Busa's get walked by liter bikes, I wouldnt justify the extra weight with the extra .3 liter difference. I mean you might walk around me over like 160mph but honestly, I dont see that speed often.

Edit:

2007 CBR1000rr is 388lbs dry and makes 158.8 hp @ 11,500 rpm

2007 Busa is 478lbs dry and makes 175 bhp @ 9800 rpm

Not much of a gap for 1300 Vs a 1000, the CBR is the lowest HP'ed liter bike anyway. So you have over a 100lbs and 17 more horsepower, and every 100 pounds in the 1/4 mile is a tenth almost so your not far off..... probably even with like riders.

For shits and giggles:

2007 GSXR 1000 is 379lbs and makes roughly 160-165

2007 R1 is 381lbs and makes roughly 170

2007 ZX-10r is 386 and makes roughly 170

I find it funny when people that feel threatened by a faster bike start posting about NOS, etc. Or they will say "lets take it on the twisty's"

Here's the facts

A stock 600 will not beat a stock 1000

A stock 1000 will not beat a stock Busa

Get over it

I find it funny when people that feel threatened by a faster bike start posting about NOS, etc. Or they will say "lets take it on the twisty's"

Here's the facts

Get over it

Hold on Sammy... I've seen 07-08 1k gixxers out run busas at the strip, both stock. It does happen.

Hold on Sammy... I've seen 07-08 1k gixxers out run busas at the strip, both stock. It does happen.

And I've seen 600's do the same thing. Riders make mistakes. Bikes have failures, etc, etc.

And sorry I didn't clarify, when I talk about who beats who I am referring to top end only.

Here's the facts

Get over it

Wrong.

I don't know what type of race you're referring to, but these numbers indicate stock 1000's being faster in the all important 1/4 mile than their larger displacement counterparts. They're even quicker with roll-ons.

http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_street_bike_performance_times/index.html

On a side note, why does it seem like Busa, or big displacement riders in general, talk in absolutes? Busa's are always faster than 1000's. A liter bike will never beat a 1300.

so schmuck would you consider yourself more of a drag racer like my good friend mclovin?

You'll get em next time Mclovin, just have all 4 pistons working next time. that was a crack on mclovin not you schmuck.

laughingsmiley.gif...what's even funnier is the fact I (riding broken 3cyl. 600cc) was runnin right with you and cleaner (both riding perfectly fine 1000cc) up 79 to nellie shortly before!

crazy_finger_grandma.jpg

Wrong.

I don't know what type of race you're referring to, but these numbers indicate stock 1000's being faster in the all important 1/4 mile than their larger displacement counterparts. They're even quicker with roll-ons.

On a side note, why does it seem like Busa, or big displacement riders in general, talk in absolutes? Busa's are always faster than 1000's. A liter bike will never beat a 1300.

oh snap :microwave:

Wrong.

Refer to my post above about top end. A litre WILL NEVER beat a Busa. Why does it seem like riders on smaller bikes always try to challenge the kings of the street? A title given to the Busa and 14 by Sportrider;)

And I've seen 600's do the same thing. Riders make mistakes. Bikes have failures, etc, etc.

And sorry I didn't clarify, when I talk about who beats who I am referring to top end only.

Sooooo you'd agree that a stock 600 would beat a stock Busa on a road course...? :D

Refer to my post above about top end. A litre WILL NEVER beat a Busa. Why does it seem like riders on smaller bikes always try to challenge the kings of the street? A title given to the Busa and 14 by Sportrider;)

IIRC NinjaNick posted a while back an article comparing the class of 08's speeds and the time it takes them to get there, and I think the 08 ZX10 topped out higher than the field. I gotta do a little interneting to find it though, I may be wrong.

Here's the facts

Get over it

I can prove you wrong on all the above statements...

Plus, what I find totally entertaining is the guys that say they "use all the power"... Maybe at the strip and at the track, but seriously, who runs 180+ ALL the time? Who on here runs their bike out to red line on a liter bike all the time? Nobody if they are talking honestly.

It's like owning a Lamborghini and using it as a street machine. They don't/can't use all the power of the car...

I know guys like Nick and a few others get bent over track talk. Here's my feelings. Track is where you can learn the bike. Nobody on the street can understand what their bike does. You have too many factors. Cops, stones, old ladies, Bambi, cliffs, guardrails, etc. We can take a kid that is a fast street guy and take a kid that has done 20 track days and doesn't ride the street anymore and we'd have two different levels of ability. BUT, we take the street kid and get him to the track, he will be able to understand what the bike is doing. What it is acting like with certain inputs and certain things when applied.

You cannot use a modern day sportbike to any of it's potential on the street. Think you can? Then you are kidding yourself. If that's the case, come to the track and show us how you've mastered the machine. After all, the track is like a twisty road, but w/o all the issues involved. We can see ability a mile away. We also can see when someone is full of shit, too...

What kills me is that there are so many people that no matter what the bike - 250, 600, 750, 1000, 1400 - they do not know enough at what they are doing. We can feel and understand what the bike does. Can we tame it and use it beyond it's ability? No. Can Ben Spies? Sure. That's a VERY small % of the world... But look at the people even on here that say their crash was because the pavement was cold, the loose debris, the front washed out on them, etc. They CANNOT accept that they as the rider were the cause.

If we get them to the track, they can feel what is going on. They can learn the bike. If you "use the power of the bike" and even if you feel you can ride to the ability of that machine, you probably can still learn what it is doing and realize that you aren't...

I don't care if it is a liter bike or a scooter. Nobody is a master of their bike if they solely ride street...

Back to the Busa vs. liter bike... 7lbs is 1 HP. Think about that... If you give up 100 pounds, you are giving up over 14 hp... If your Busa is 175 and a liter bike is 165, you're toast... Drag racing is different as the weight helps to keep it good off the line. You'd have to lower and stretch the liter bike to get the launch you would need, but look at the magazine results and tell me where drag racing is the end all? Personally, I like a 1000 for a street bike and a buddy of mine likes 600s. Another buddy likes 750s. We can all ride together and hang fairly well. The street never allows the liter bike to get really far out front to where the other bikes cannot gain back in the turns or exits. However, if they get out front, the liter bike can make ground on the straights and just after exit. It's give and take... Now those damn good SV riders are another story!:D

IIRC NinjaNick posted a while back an article comparing the class of 08's speeds and the time it takes them to get there, and I think the 08 ZX10 topped out higher than the field. I gotta do a little interneting to find it though, I may be wrong.

You are correct. I found it odd though, because if they're all derestricted the Busa,14, and 12, will top out more. That's why they're used for LSR events. I think all these bikes are quick and fast, but I don't pay much attention to magazines, they're mostly pretty lopsided. I go by the real world results and seeing it happen. It's all the rider, even in a straight line sometimes. Like lots of Busas have been over 200+ and some over 240mph and one over 260mph at the Maxton mile.

You guys love to bust eachother about bikes too much..:lol: