Any good Duplex's or rental houses in Columbus?

Science Abuse

Need moar info...where you want to be, how much you can spend, what you need out of a residence...

Doh.

$900/mo or less. Need a garage (1 or 2 car), at least 2 bedrooms, a yard big enough to play catch in, and no fear of having the wheels stolen off my car.

The job I'm about to put in for will be in Hilliard, but I'm not putting all the eggs into that basket. Just looking anywere within 5 miles of the beltway right now.

There's a few duplexes on my street in that range. I believe 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 1 car garage. Decent back yard, Nick can play with my kids, 1.9 miles from 270, and if the neighborhood puts up with my car, you'll be fine :D

I'm not sure I want to live in the same neighborhood as your car. :p

Though, our cars were neighbors for quite a while. lol

Doh.

$900/mo or less. Need a garage (1 or 2 car), at least 2 bedrooms, a yard big enough to play catch in, and no fear of having the wheels stolen off my car.

The job I'm about to put in for will be in Hilliard, but I'm not putting all the eggs into that basket. Just looking anywere within 5 miles of the beltway right now.

I dont want this to come off as crass, but for 900 a month, why not just BUY a house??

I dont want this to come off as crass, but for 900 a month, why not just BUY a house??

WHY DON'T YOU JUS SHUT THE FFFFFFUUUUUUUU!!!!! [/rage guy]

Not crass at all, it's a legit question. I'm not quite settled yet: Still single though I'm raising a kid. At some point in the future, I will be moving, and I don't see the point in buying something that will be a huge pain in the ass to sell when I get married / move up in income / get annoyed with my neighborhood. Just not ready for a house yet.

Also, $900/mo aint that much when it comes to getting a house. Once you factor in all of the costs associated with ownership, I'll likely be left with a crap house in a crappy part of town.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77209

a little above your range, but if im correct, the bike trail that runs from easton to polaris should be in the back of this neighborhood, and theres creeks and ive damn near hit a doe riding my bike down the trail...literally 6 feet away. also, you can head up sunbury road about a mile or so and hit 161, go west less than a mile and be at 270N. might be 20 min to hilliard. this is inside the outerbelt too, less than 2 miles from easton. decent area too.

might be worth looking into. i'd like to have a house up where that one is, but i opted for a less expensive house, but im still only a mile or so down sunbury rd.

WHY DON'T YOU JUS SHUT THE FFFFFFUUUUUUUU!!!!! [/rage guy]

Also, $900/mo aint that much when it comes to getting a house. Once you factor in all of the costs associated with ownership, I'll likely be left with a crap house in a crappy part of town.

900 will get you more than you think, but i do understand where youa re coming from, and i was just curious.

Good luck in your search!