Passport needed for day cruise to the Bahamas???

EVILGTP98

My girlfriend and I take vacation to southern Florida a couple times a year, to visit her family and vacation. We found day cruises that leave Fort Lauderdale to the Bahamas and back and were looking into taking a 2 day cruise to check it out. From what I have read we will both need a passport to go and lookis like the time frame to get it is to long of a wait before we go in April. Just wondering if anyone knew for sure if we would need it, I cant seem to find any certain verification that we do. Thanks for the info guys.

My girlfriend and I take vacation to southern Florida a couple times a year, to visit her family and vacation. We found day cruises that leave Fort Lauderdale to the Bahamas and back and were looking into taking a 2 day cruise to check it out. From what I have read we will both need a passport to go and lookis like the time frame to get it is to long of a wait before we go in April. Just wondering if anyone knew for sure if we would need it, I cant seem to find any certain verification that we do. Thanks for the info guys.

You need them for Canada now. I would assume you would need them for this as well.

I just got back from Nassau, I only needed my birth cert/ID.

did anyone try to sell you food out of the trunk of their car? I'm not talking a bag of chips and pop, they tried to sell me actual food they cooked over a stove like corn, baked beans etc....

did anyone try to sell you food out of the trunk of their car? I'm not talking a bag of chips and pop, they tried to sell me actual food they cooked over a stove like corn, baked beans etc....

LOL, no. I had some interesting sales attempts but not food.

YOU NEED A PASSPORT.. but they have a new thing where if you are not flying out of the country so only land travle you can get a passport card wich is cheaper and last for ten years just like a passport... my girl just got one finally cause we are going to canada again this year and it took three weeks to get

YOU NEED A PASSPORT.. but they have a new thing where if you are not flying out of the country so only land travle you can get a passport card wich is cheaper and last for ten years just like a passport... my girl just got one finally cause we are going to canada again this year and it took three weeks to get

I literally was just on a beach in the Bahamas two weeks ago. I did not need a passport. Just birth cert and ID.

Though the cruise I was on left from Florida, I'm not sure if that makes a difference how you are departing.

I would guess their site has a FAQ.

This, ask and ye shall receive.

Birth certificate and valid picture id is all that is needed but a passport is recommended. Just got back from a Royal Carribbean cruise about 2 weeks ago as well and had no problems without a passport. You can call your cruise line and they will tell you everything you need.

thanks for the info guys, im gonna get the cruise line number and call em and see what they require to save the headache, but the new passport card dont sound bad, I will have to look into that and Howard, No for the tenth time I will not bring you back a little spanish boy.

Just got back as well and only needed state issued ID to get back on the boat from Nassau. Not sure about getting on board from florida though. My wife did the transactions at the desk while I chased our "just learned to walk" daughter around the lobby.

just got back last week from a Bahamas cruise and you needed a passport for sure to get back through customs. All you need is the new passport card not the booklet and the card is faster, I think I got mine back in december and at that time it was only taking 3 weeks regular service to get it returned.

The passport card is GAY. If you're getting a passport, get the book. The card is only good for GROUND travel. Use expedited processing if you're worried.

Expedited processing is worth it. Just consider it part of the travel expense, and you can be sure you won't be waiting around for months for it to come.

Wut? Key West is part of Florida. :confused:

???? LOL

And since this is obviously the first time you would be leaving the country and need a passport i doubt you will be planning any air travel outside the us anytime soon. the card is cheaper and only takes three weeks to get.