Cooper Park Meeting - Tuesday March 9th

btabacchi

Posting this for anyone interested in helping to make this thing a real deal.

On Tuesday, March 9th an initial meeting will be held for proponents and supporters of the Arshot Cooper Park proposal. This is an informal get together to discuss methods and ideas for creating a "grass roots" campaign to show public support for the project, as well as to gauge interest in developing a more formal and organized effort.

Time & Place:

March 9th, 6:30pm

Florentine Restaurant

907 West Broad Street

The meeting will be held in a separate dining area with enough seating for 15 to 20. The restaurant will be serving dinner for those who want to eat.

(No... dinner isn't covered, you're on your own there)

Thanks,

Bruno Tabacchi

go here coopertalk to learn more and sign the petition.

I wonder how many people from Columbus Motor Speedway will be there, acting like locals who don't want the noise.......

http://www.petitiononline.com/CPX2010/petition.html

Only 174 signatures total, pass this around!

While I like the idea, her economic arguments are bullshit. A track will bring far mroe revenue into the area, ahould certainly not damage any buisnesses that currently exist there.

I wonder how many people from Columbus Motor Speedway will be there, acting like locals who don't want the noise.......

Probably none. This is just a get together of proponents and supporters and not a debate regarding the proposal.

That's a good example though of one of the miss-conceptions regarding CPX. It is not intended to, nor designed to compete with CMS. CMS primarily hosts a weekly series that draws a regular crowd of spectators, while Cooper Park will hold only a handful of large spectator events that will draw a crowd from a much larger region - mostly folks who never go to CMS. Many of the CMS crowd commenting on TriTrackRacing agree that its a very different type of venue.

And as you posted, some of the ideas being floated around for Cooper are pretty crazy. A tax payer financed $100 million dollar vertical farm? They need to cut back on the vegetation they're smoking from the little farms in their basements - or maybe not inhale as much.

Thanks for your support and maybe we'll see you on Tuesday.

Bruno Tabacchi

Probably none. This is just a get together of proponents and supporters and not a debate regarding the proposal.

That's a good example though of one of the miss-conceptions regarding CPX. It is not intended to, nor designed to compete with CMS. CMS primarily hosts a weekly series that draws a regular crowd of spectators, while Cooper Park will hold only a handful of large spectator events that will draw a crowd from a much larger region - mostly folks who never go to CMS. Many of the CMS crowd commenting on TriTrackRacing agree that its a very different type of venue.

And as you posted, some of the ideas being floated around for Cooper are pretty crazy. A tax payer financed $100 million dollar vertical farm? They need to cut back on the vegetation they're smoking from the little farms in their basements - or maybe not inhale as much.

Thanks for your support and maybe we'll see you on Tuesday.

Bruno Tabacchi

Hey Bruno, the website in the petition is spelled with a a comma, so the link doesnt work, i dont know if you can edit it or not, but might be helpful.

Hey Bruno, the website in the petition is spelled with a a comma, so the link doesnt work, i dont know if you can edit it or not, but might be helpful.

Appreciate the info - I'm not sure where you mean though. Do you mean the link I put at the bottom of my posts?

coopertalk

That should take you to the coopertalk.info site where there is a link that says "online petition" on the left side of the page.

or to go directly to the petition site, click here

Thanks again, if I can figure out where the mistake is, I'll try to get it corrected.

Bruno

Appreciate the info - I'm not sure where you mean though. Do you mean the link I put at the bottom of my posts?

coopertalk

That should take you to the coopertalk.info site where there is a link that says "online petition" on the left side of the page.

or to go directly to the petition site, click here

Thanks again, if I can figure out where the mistake is, I'll try to get it corrected.

Bruno

The email i received in repsonse to signing had the error..

At PetitionOnline, we host the petition you've signed, but we didn't create it. If you would like to comment on the petition, or otherwise communicate directly with the petition author, you can contact the author at:

Bruno Tabacchi, contactcoopertalk@gmail.com

Proponets and Supporters of the Cooper park Complex proposal

www,coopertalk.info

• 1 month later...

Alrighty folks... next up in the drive to make Cooper Park a reality is this meeting to organize a community rally(s) in support of the project. Again, we are asking for your attendance to reflect our support. It's getting a little more serious as our small group called FOR Columbus (Friends Of Racing) is gaining strength through awareness and numbers, and we intend to be heard, loud and clear, over the "roar" of German Village.

Dan "Boots" Longenette of Auto Smarts Radio, Jon Beerman, and I will be leading the meeting. Many residents of the areas immediately surrounding Cooper have already stated their intention to attend both this planning meeting and the next area commission meetings. (Franklinton and the Southwest)

If you support the project, please join our effort. Bring along friends and family that also support the project. The more we make our presence and support known, the better our chances of seeing Cooper develop into the Cooper Park Complex.

Please read the information from Boots below.

Date ................... Thursday, May 6th, 2010

Time ................... 7:00 p.m. to ???

Location ............. Burnzies Bar & Grille

1662 W. Mound St.

Columbus, Ohio 43223

This will be our first public meeting to support Cooper Park. I am inviting the people from Franklinton, Hilltop S/W area and everyone we know who supports Cooper Park to join us.

We will cover the following .....

* Hand out yard signs that read "FOR COOPER PARK"

* Hand out copies of 10 minute highlight DVD for the show that will air on FOX28 May 8th.

* Go over questions and job duties for the two important meetings in May... Franklinton & S/W

* Get our game plan in place for these next few very important months.

I will ask Steve to make me a flyer so I can start handing them out in the Franklinton and S/W area to get the word out about our meeting.

Please invite all your friends and neighbors that support Cooper Park and love FREE PIZZA !!! On us.

WE NEED TO STAND UP AND LET THE ROAR,GERM VILL AND SHORT NORTH KNOW.... WE "THE PEOPLE" SUPPORT COOPER PARK !!!!!

Thanks,

Dan "BOOTS" Longenette

614-557-8838

http://www.autosmartsradio.com

610 WTVN

I want to say that the new Auto Show on 610 on Saturdays talked to a an officer about this, and he was all for it as well. He also mentioned that there was alot of positive feedback about the stadiums possible switch to a track.

I think its great that there are positive reinforcements for this to happen.

*edit*

wow.. way to read.. go me..

(i posted the info up on COS as well)