Best starter track bike ??

Dubguy85

I'm looking to get my first track bike...I would like to also be able to street it if I wanted....

What would u reccomend

CBR f1

CBR f2

2007 suzuki gs500

2001 suzuki sv650

98 Kawaski zx7

Any other Options ??? Ninja 500? Ninja 250?

Not looking to spend to much right now...Just something to get me started, and have another bike to play around on!

What's your price range? That really starts the ball rolling as you can buy some great bikes out there for set amounts...

Out of your list, stay away from a CBR600F1. Old school and hard to get parts and tires...

F2/F3s are great starter bikes, but an SV650 would be more modern in terms of chassis and parts.

The ZX7 is a great bike honestly and has a soft spot in my heart as I had a couple of these. However, they are PIGS and pretty tough to ride at any sort of pace w/o feeling like you went rounds upon rounds of boxing against a seasoned fighter...

SV650 is your best choice. Teaches corner speed which a LOT of track guys lack, they are easy to work on and parts are stupid cheap. Seasoned riders can embarrass a lot of 600 riders. Good SV650 riders are like gnats at times as they are always around you and you cannot shake them easily...

What's your price range? That really starts the ball rolling as you can buy some great bikes out there for set amounts...

Out of your list, stay away from a CBR600F1. Old school and hard to get parts and tires...

F2/F3s are great starter bikes, but an SV650 would be more modern in terms of chassis and parts.

The ZX7 is a great bike honestly and has a soft spot in my heart as I had a couple of these. However, they are PIGS and pretty tough to ride at any sort of pace w/o feeling like you went rounds upon rounds of boxing against a seasoned fighter...

SV650 is your best choice. Teaches corner speed which a LOT of track guys lack, they are easy to work on and parts are stupid cheap. Seasoned riders can embarrass a lot of 600 riders. Good SV650 riders are like gnats at times as they are always around you and you cannot shake them easily...

Im looking at buying a 2001 sv650 today..... Just want to make sure its the best choice

I don't do track days but have heard that 1 gen Sv's are good track bikes. As Lizard said the parts are stupid cheap and available. Plus from what I understand it is a great bike to grow into. It's more forgiving than some from what I understand. About the maintenance it would all depend on how mechanically inclined you are to choose between 1 gen (carbed) and 2 gen (FI). They both are very reliable either way. Good luck with you choice and racing.