Turbo Cars

KStang3.8

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What year Audi S4 has the 2.7tt? How's the S4 pricewise? can someone point me to some S4's with the 2.7tt

2000-02. There were some changes made across the years, so you just need to pick which you prefer. None of them were really any better than the other, I prefer the 2000 cause they didnt have traction control and I am convinced that the intake manifold on the pre-2001.5 are designed a little better.

Price ranges like a mofo. Anywhere from high teens for a nice stage 3, to as low as 5K for a stock high mileage one. You are basically choosing whether you want to buy one where the weak points have been fixed, or if you want to fix all the weak points yourself.

S4's can be found on craigslist, autotrader, ebay, audizine, audiworld...and even right here on CR there is a nice Imola yellow one for sale that has been well maintained.

volvos, dodge minivans and omnis, mustang svo/Tbird, porsche 951, cooper s, 3000gt/stealth, galant vr4, 300zx twin turbo, previous to mkIV toyota supra turbo, grand nationals, regal t-types, turbo trans am, syclone/typhoons, etc .... about anything with a factory turbo can be cool.

The b4 is believe with the biturbos are coming down fast, but the v8 b5's are still really expensive.

The B5's (biturbo) are more sought after than the V8's. It is almost a daily occurrence that a former V8 owner traded for a 2.7. The prices are overlapping, a mid-priced B5 is about the same price as a low range B6.

Well what the fuck do you want, a fast car or an economy car? If you're gonna drop thousands on something, the fuck you worrying about a few bucks for extra gas for?

you sound like a total homo

x2

here is yet another hopes an dreams thread... im sure he will post another one in a few months with the same question :gtfo:

kevin, this is a great thread. let me give you my take on the situation.

1) you're looking for a car with daily-driver status, yes??

2) you want a faaaaaast car, yes??

first, its tough to find both. the temptation is constantly there to do x,y, or z to make your car faster. the truth is, with VERY rare exceptions, as you make a car faster, it is less reliable, will not last as long, and will generally not be as fun of a car to utilize as a DEPENDABLE daily driver---this is a fact, no matter what people tell you, its true.

buying anything older than 5 years, and modding it will result in a rebuilt motor, and tons of money invested into it---to the point where you'll wish you bought a newer car and lightly modded it.

buy a newer car with a turbo. buy one that's (meant to be) fast right from the start. most of the supporting parts will be built to handle that power and at least 25-30% more power---that will be the limit of having a dependable daily driver. any more power than that and you're looking at the high likelihood of broken parts.

if the car will be your secondary car, or toy--then do whatever you want.

my advice is to buy an unmolested lancer, wrx, or cobalt ss that's just a few years old, and drive it for a while before you mod it. get on the turbo forums, decide exactly what purpose you intend for the car, and buy parts carefully based on others' experiences.

@Just2Sweet

Cool about the Cobalts, i thought they were pretty nice, i've heard about problems with the S/C models as well.

I don't have a lot of automotive knowledge but I know Cobalts so I will chime in here...

Only problem with the 05-07s is with the stock cat, which is covered for replacement even if you are out of warranty, and a power steering motor recall which doesn't effect all of them. With light mods they can be at 260+ hp to the wheels easily.

The stock turbo model clocked the fastest FWD time at Nuhrenberg (sp?). GM has a stage 1 kit that puts the car at about 290whp/300wtq that keeps the 100k drive-train warranty intact. (The turbo model also has a different direct injection LNF engine as opposed the supercharged LSJ.)

The big "issue" (aside from lack of street cred, LOL) with them is they have pretty much had the same interior/exterior since '05. That, coupled with the torque steer, and I would say you would be much happier with most of the other cars you are considering.

No one mentions the mazdaspeed 3 or mazdaspeed 6 =(

*EDIT* FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

No one cares about a turbo taurus

Hahaha but dude its not a taurus.... its a turbo pontiac vibe :lol:

what does a speed 6 share with a taurus?

you may be thinking of the 6s which has the same 3.0

the speed 6 and the speed 3 both have the mzr motor

Its the same platform as the Fusion, which is the replacement Taurus.

I hope you make decent money at 19, @27 I still pay over 100 for insurance with perfect record and state discounts. My cousin kyle on here who is 20 pays over 250 a month to insure his 03, good luck finding a company tp insure an 06 to a 19 year old. Once you decide on a car call for insurance rates 19 plus turbo =$

Mitsubishi evolution highest insurance rates

SRT-4 Caliber!

All I have done to mine is stage 1, Intake, and a WOT box and my fastest 1/4 was 13.5 @ 107. I also got 31 mpgs on the way to the drag strip that day lol. My insurance is only about 150 month full coverage with 500 deductible.

Ill take ya for a ride sometime if you wanna check it out. ;)