Turbo Cars

KStang3.8

http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchresults.action?sf1Dir=ASC&mkId=20015&mdId=21712&crSrtFlds=stkTypId-feedSegId-mkId-mdId-yrId-trId&rd=100000&zc=43068&PMmt=1-1-1&stkTypId=28881&sf2Dir=DESC&sf1Nm=miles&yrId=20142&yrId=20197&sf2Nm=price&trId=29632&rpp=50&feedSegId=28705&searchSource=UTILITY&pgId=2102&rn=150

my year, expected mileage at time of sale, all between $5000-8000. Plus my car has 2500 in aftermarket parts.

I won't purchase a car until i have my career job. That is not all my savings either. Everything i earn from this point forward: 20% spend, 40% car, 40% saving. So i'll have saved up for everyday life as much as i save up for a car. Because i plan to not purchase until i'm employed, i will be making enough money to cover insurance (not to mention i could tap into that "savings" if needed) and maintanence, as well as aftermarket parts (which will be accumulated over time as i have enough extra money, not all at once). I think i'll be able to do it. Even if things don't go as well as i plan, with a small loan i'll def have at minimum in the low teens of thousands. 12-13. Thats plenty to buy a wrx, srt4, or cobalt ss with 50-60,000 miles

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All very good reasons, thanks man. I'll definitely have to strongly consider the 8, especially because the 9 and 10 are def out of my price range.

To the rest of you: By the time i graduate (3 years from now) i anticipate having saved up around $10,000 dollars. add selling my stang to that (5000-6000 because it will still have less than 100k miles then), so thats about $15,000 I'm willing to take out a fairly small loan, so that takes my price range up to about 20,000, which covers a good used low mileage car from this list. I won't be shooting for an Audi because of price and cost of maintanence. I don't want DSM and it's said to be costly maintanence as well. I probably won't be able to afford an Evo 9, 10, STi, or Supra. Other than that, yah, i'll definitely have one of these cars. Most likely an SRT-4, Cobalt SS, Mazdaspeed 6, Evo 8, or WRX.

Maybe i'll only save 8 grand, sell my car for 4, and take out a loan, but thats still 12 grand plus say a 3 grand loan, 15,000 will buy me a low mileage(<40,000) used car from that list.

LOL, if only it worked that way. yea, i had it planned out too, then reality hit.

Its good to dream! I had a dream that i would one day own a clean 2gb GSX and now i do so... ALSO, neons are fucking gay. Ugliest turd i ever did see. Stick to awd. You dont want to get stuck like these LsX guys or these b18 k20, 7m, 1jz, guys with WWD!

Also what the fuck do you mean WERE driving the wrong wheel drive cars man? Get the fuck out of here. Since when the fuck was fwd cool lol

get a ls1 get a ls1 and damn get a ls1

they sound sexier than shit and have tons of power stock, and can make tons of power reliably with a few bolt ons... seriously if i did it again id buy a ls1.

Lol i don't want a V8. Theyre not that sweet. I've seen the cars i've listed shit on plenty of V8's. The mazdaspeed 6 and evo 8 are both awd. 2 of my main choices. AWD always better than front or rear.

Its the same thing with a turbo car. Not too hardcore of mods and you can get way more horsepower than a V8. And a turbo car gets way better mpg if not driven hard.

@Ry Trapp0. Its a realistic dream. I've always done excellent in school. So far at OSU i have a cumulative 3.8. My parents are paying for my school and housing until i graduate (house or dorm). I have a summer job guaranteed because my best friends dad is the President of the company. 6000 a summer for the next 3 summers. 40% of that 18,000 is going straight to my car (7,200) and i'm going to get an on campus job during the next 3 school years. Dreams are very attainable, as BDAZGSX has stated.

boosted is right, typical V8 talk. Turbo cars have way more potential than V8's. Evo's and STi's make 500-600 awhp with the amount of money it takes a V8 to reach 400-500rwhp.

Something I should have done about 4 cars ago. Seriously, Kevin, the best bang for your buck is a t/a or camaro. 300+ horsepower stock, modest gas mileage and reliability, and nothing beats the sound of a V8. You could go fuck around with some faggot car or man up and get something with real power for the same price. Your decision, we can't make it for you.

Because 12's and playing in the snow is just no fun. 11's next

i looked on that list with the fastest times on CR. said STi on there. I realize subarus are terrible on insurance, and everyone and their mother has one, theyre last on my list, but affordable, so theyre still on it.

what the man is saying is that it is a misconception that they DO defy physics. So. He is saying that they do NOT defy physics.

• Confused 1

Your common aftermarket/production turbo, namely the exhaust wheel, is still subject to the quantity of exhaust energy (flux, mass flow, etc). The question becomes, "What compromise(s) can I endure to make XXX H.P.?"

A 2.n litre engine can only produce so much exhaust energy, while the most advanced non-electrically aided turbocharger requires so much of said energy to become functional.

He has a wrx you dumb fag. So you want an all wheel drive turbocharged year-round grocery-getter that gets decent gas mileage for under $10,000 and goes faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssttttttt...... All of those have been beat to shit by teenagers and you'll be throwing all your money at them just to keep them alive. Oh and have fun with insurance, subarus (and most other turbo cars) are like one of the top five most expensive cars to insure because of all the little Brian Spilners running into light poles with them, especially if you're under 25.

Your sure turning into a girl about this. My neon will happily drag you around 270. I know I'll stil be driving a neon.

Your common aftermarket/production turbo, namely the exhaust wheel, is still subject to the quantity of exhaust energy (flux, mass flow, etc). The question becomes, "What compromise(s) can I endure to make XXX H.P.?"

A 2.n litre engine can only produce so much exhaust energy, while the most advanced non-electrically aided turbocharger requires so much of said energy to become functional.

REALLY!? You cant be serious. I guess all those eclipses and subys and evos that run gt40's or holset hx52's are just throwing that turbo on for shits and giggles. Please. :gtfo:

because you know, awd eclipse owners go off roading.

Ive never seen a mustang in a rally event!! However, how many eclipses, galant VR4's, evos, sti's have you seen. Oh wait....:rolleyes:

REALLY!? You cant be serious. I guess all those eclipses and subys and evos that run gt40's or holset hx52's are just throwing that turbo on for shits and giggles. Please. :gtfo:

Fail

Seriously. Reread his post, and read your answer.