Turbo Cars

KStang3.8

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

finally someone +1'ed the Legacy. How do you like yours? Positives and negatives?

Love it... best car I've ever owned. Can't say I've got a negative... besides the stock clutch which I am changing very soon.

Haha sucks I ruined the picture of all the pontiac vibes with my srt at the end. :lol:

i like the ones with black wheels a lot better....but the fact that its a hatch just makes me like it alot less. lol.

Also, i make the picture sweet. i zoomed in and saw myself in the window on the fifth floor of Morrill Tower.;)

Wow, thats high praise. Does it pull hard. Like, does it feel fast? or is it aimed more to be luxurious than sporty?

I think it pulls pretty hard. Stock.. they are a little soft... still quick... just spongy.

I've firmed mine up and opened up the exhaust.

It's got the STi 2.5L flat4... different turbo. I'm running a Perrin top mount I/C, an AVO wastegate actuator, catless up, catted Cobb down, and a tune ...

I think it pulls pretty hard. Stock.. they are a little soft... still quick... just spongy.

I've firmed mine up and opened up the exhaust.

It's got the STi 2.5L flat4... different turbo. I'm running a Perrin top mount I/C, an AVO wastegate actuator, catless up, catted Cobb down, and a tune ...

sounds pretty nice. didn't realize it was the sti engine, thats pretty awesome. You definitely made the legacy go from no where near my list to definitely under consideration.

same for the mazdaspeed 6, i'm really liking it and the legacy.

don't forget the volvo S60R, awesome cars!

5.4l Cobra's...We will see what happens soon enough on a upcoming Kenne Bell car with

E85. Although,I admit this a strong block from the factory,you paid dearly for it when it was new.

there is no "we will see..." about it, evolution performance has already laid down a 1,000RWHP on a stock block, as well as

. TONS of people have 700RWHP stock block cars, and quite a few are at 800RWHP, majority of them with a twin screw. the 5.4l is everything the cobra 4.6l was and more.

and they dont make 5.4l 4v's..unless its a ford gt, or a older cobra r. or someone has built a 5.4l 4v into a cobra

the shelby GT500 is a 4v 5.4l. getting an aluminum block this year too, dropping 100lbs off the nose!

Saturn Sky and Pontiac Solstice added to the list.

Both have:

2.0L I4 @ 260hp, 0-60 in 5.5, 1/4 mile in 13.9

2 quick little cars. Not too bad pricewise. about $21,000 for a car with 20,000 miles.

Also added:

The Volvo S60R (2000-2009)

2.5L I4 @ 300hp, 0-60 in 5.5, 1/4 mile in 14.0

Both have:

2 quick little cars. Not too bad pricewise. about $21,000 for a car with 20,000 miles.

Also added:

see my previous post. my father in law had the solstice with catback, chip, intake, bov, and a downpipe if i recall. it was a fast little car, that's for sure

my father in law had a lightly modded solstice turbo. not a bad looking car, and i'm fairly certain he had around 300 at the crank with his mods---definitely a quick little car

There are Cobalt guys putting down ~500 HP on a stock bottom end. You can do ~400 HP pretty easily. (Swap the turbo and flash the ECU)

Putting down 500 and actually putting down 500 are two different things. You arent putting the power down on a WWD. Nor will you when you shred the splines out of those shitty trannys.

are you saying cobalts have shitty tranny's and should be avoided ?

see my previous post. my father in law had the solstice with catback, chip, intake, bov, and a downpipe if i recall. it was a fast little car, that's for sure

i added them because of you ;)

Both have:

Also added:

the S60R(and the wagon version, V70R) were made from 03 to 07, and have an inline 5, not a 4.

also, there was the ford thunderbird turbocoupe, made from '83 to '88. it had a turbo 2.3l(190HP, LOTS of mods available for the old lima I4. same engine as the mustang SVO). from '89 to '95 they also made the supercoupe, which had a supercharged 3.8l V6(210HP 315lb-ft). would love to get ahold of one of those supercoupes!

if your interested in supercharged cars at all, you should also look at the jaguar XJR. 370-390HP from a supercharged 4.0l-4.2l, cool cars. horrible resale value too, so you can pick up a 2000+ all day long around the upper teens(and this is a $70k+ car).

are you saying cobalts have shitty tranny's and should be avoided ?

i added them because of you ;)

I think he's saying that the Cobalt wouldn't get traction with 500 HP. It's the same engine as the Sol/Sky, so they're equally as capable.

@Evolved 8

any reason you just say 8?

is the 8 better than the 9 to you for some reason?

The 04 and up had a Lsd up front. and i personally like the front bumper beter than the newer Evo 9. Also the 5 speed is well saught after espicially if you want to go fast. all the 6speed mr guys swap to 5 speed Evo 8 Transmissions. Not to mention you can find an 8 for a better price than a 9 still.

All very good reasons, thanks man. I'll definitely have to strongly consider the 8, especially because the 9 and 10 are def out of my price range.

To the rest of you: By the time i graduate (3 years from now) i anticipate having saved up around $10,000 dollars. add selling my stang to that (5000-6000 because it will still have less than 100k miles then), so thats about $15,000 I'm willing to take out a fairly small loan, so that takes my price range up to about 20,000, which covers a good used low mileage car from this list. I won't be shooting for an Audi because of price and cost of maintanence. I don't want DSM and it's said to be costly maintanence as well. I probably won't be able to afford an Evo 9, 10, STi, or Supra. Other than that, yah, i'll definitely have one of these cars. Most likely an SRT-4, Cobalt SS, Mazdaspeed 6, Evo 8, or WRX.

Maybe i'll only save 8 grand, sell my car for 4, and take out a loan, but thats still 12 grand plus say a 3 grand loan, 15,000 will buy me a low mileage(<40,000) used car from that list.

All very good reasons, thanks man. I'll definitely have to strongly consider the 8, especially because the 9 and 10 are def out of my price range.

To the rest of you: By the time i graduate (3 years from now) i anticipate having saved up around $10,000 dollars. add selling my stang to that (5000-6000 because it will still have less than 100k miles then), so thats about $15,000 I'm willing to take out a fairly small loan, so that takes my price range up to about 20,000, which covers a good used low mileage car from this list. I won't be shooting for an Audi because of price and cost of maintanence. I don't want DSM and it's said to be costly maintanence as well. I probably won't be able to afford an Evo 9, 10, STi, or Supra. Other than that, yah, i'll definitely have one of these cars. Most likely an SRT-4, Cobalt SS, Mazdaspeed 6, Evo 8, or WRX.

Maybe i'll only save 8 grand, sell my car for 4, and take out a loan, but thats still 12 grand plus say a 3 grand loan, 15,000 will buy me a low mileage(<40,000) used car from that list.

don't think your car will sell for that much, no offense. all this assumes you don't run into any financial issues, and are comfortable dumping all your savings into the car. make sure you research insurance, and prepare for any increase if you get a ticket(s). also take into account maintainence, and no doubt, modifications and/or breakage.