What the shit is this?!

Farkas

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I don't get it. I don't like the stretched tire look and unless it's on airbags that has to ride like total shit. Did you just take the springs out so you ride on the bump stops?

Some of the cars in the link that was posted look decent for show, but not on the street.

I guess I don't get it. I don't like the stretched tire look and unless it's on airbags that has to ride like total shit. Did you just take the springs out so you ride on the bump stops?

Some of the cars in the link that was posted look decent for show, but not on the street.

Yeah, I used bricks instead of springs :rolleyes: NO, they're called coilovers..

It rides better than a Saturn Sky, I can tell you that.

Yeah, I used bricks instead of springs :rolleyes: NO, they're called coilovers..

It rides better than a Saturn Sky, I can tell you that.

I just don't see how it can ride so well when you can't even gat an inch of suspension travel. Either the springs must be extremely stiff so you don't scrape the body, or you're scraping everwhere.

The only car I've ever seen that low on the street (or as low as the ones in the link posted) was a Lumina that was out at Hooters one night (long time ago, when we used to meet out there). He had a sticker on his back window that said "Mr Bouncy" and the sticker did not lie.

Insulting a Sky will not hurt me. I actually don't have that car anymore, but nothing else I have is worth making a new sig for. To each their own. You post things on here to get people's reactions and you get defensive when someone doesn't like it. I could care less.

I don't get it...

Overlooking the ugly wheels and annoying tire stretch, I can see how the extreme lowness is kind of cool. But in all honesty, how the hell do you drive it anywhere? I mean speed bumps and driveways and roadkill and things of that nature obviously won't work out, but I don't see how you could even drive across the mildest incline without damaging the lip. I don't know where you live but I see speed bumps, potholes, shitty roads, and uneven pavement transitions pretty much every time I drive my car.

Not trying to hate, it's a clean looking car, but I don't know how you deal with it. Just whatever you do, PLEASE don't put a bike rack on the roof or rust the hood.

I don't get it...

Overlooking the ugly wheels and annoying tire stretch, I can see how the extreme lowness is kind of cool. But in all honesty, how the hell do you drive it anywhere? I mean speed bumps and driveways and roadkill and things of that nature obviously won't work out, but I don't see how you could even drive across the mildest incline without damaging the lip. I don't know where you live but I see speed bumps, potholes, shitty roads, and uneven pavement transitions pretty much every time I drive my car.

Not trying to hate, it's a clean looking car, but I don't know how you deal with it. Just whatever you do, PLEASE don't put a bike rack on the roof or rust the hood.

Everyone asks me how I do it.. and I just do it slowly and carefully. So far my rockers are all in perfect shape and still haven't touched pavement(knock on wood). The pan itself on the VR6 is normally the lowest point but hockey pucks underneath the stock motor mounts raise the motor about an inch, which tucks it at the same height as the subframe... helps a lot in case I happen to kiss pavement on a big bump.

The inclines are somewhat tricky, and I try to avoid them as much as possible. But, taking most entrances and inclines at an acute angle helps a bunch. Speed bumps I avoid all together, if I happen to meet a speed bump, I'll stop traffic to turn around if I have to.. fuck that. I'll go as slow as I need over stuff like that so people behind me have to yield since I'm in front and they can get as pissed as they like, I don't care.

Honestly, I think being as low as I am is what makes the car fun, and that's why I do it. Some people enjoy fast cars, while I enjoy trying to get around town in a car that's nearly impossibly low. If I have to drive to an area I don't know, it's a little nerve wracking. If you put a map in front of me right now, I could mark out just about any pothole, divot, crown in the road, or bump that I have memorized.

if I happen to meet a speed bump, I'll stop traffic to turn around if I have to.. fuck that. I'll go as slow as I need over stuff like that so people behind me have to yield since I'm in front and they can get as pissed as they like, I don't care.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Stay classy, retard.

Everyone asks me how I do it.. and I just do it slowly and carefully. So far my rockers are all in perfect shape and still haven't touched pavement(knock on wood). The pan itself on the VR6 is normally the lowest point but hockey pucks underneath the stock motor mounts raise the motor about an inch, which tucks it at the same height as the subframe... helps a lot in case I happen to kiss pavement on a big bump.

The inclines are somewhat tricky, and I try to avoid them as much as possible. But, taking most entrances and inclines at an acute angle helps a bunch. Speed bumps I avoid all together, if I happen to meet a speed bump, I'll stop traffic to turn around if I have to.. fuck that. I'll go as slow as I need over stuff like that so people behind me have to yield since I'm in front and they can get as pissed as they like, I don't care.

Honestly, I think being as low as I am is what makes the car fun, and that's why I do it. Some people enjoy fast cars, while I enjoy trying to get around town in a car that's nearly impossibly low. If I have to drive to an area I don't know, it's a little nerve wracking. If you put a map in front of me right now, I could mark out just about any pothole, divot, crown in the road, or bump that I have memorized.

Ehh, as long as it works for ya. It would literally be impossible for me to drive something that low, since my apartment complex and the parking lots at my work have some pretty intense speed bumps

if I happen to meet a speed bump, I'll stop traffic to turn around if I have to.. fuck that... behind me have to yield since I'm in front and they can get as pissed as they like, I don't care.

Sure, you will. Try that in front of me in my truck some day.

;)