rebuilding t56, what to buy?

ls1plus

upgrade the input shaft? d&d said they will do that and upgrade everything else for 2k last time i called them, anyone else do good work for any cheaper?

RPM in Indiana did a great job with my T56 and many others on here. Can't say that I know what they would charge for an f-body T56, but I got a decent deal on mine being built.

depending on the issue, but your gonna need new/upgraded syncro keys, possible syncro rings or whole syncro, shift fork pads or updated pads, maybe a gear or 2 if you had any grinding issues, or if it popped out of gear while driving, always recommend replacing the bearings

i am looking at tick performance as well, their stage 2 is a little more in my budhet but the stage 3 is around 1,800 and has the upgraded input shaft. maybe i need to save a little more. i will check out rpm. if you upgrade the input shaft, do you have to use a different clutch?

i am looking at tick performance as well, their stage 2 is a little more in my budhet but the stage 3 is around 1,800 and has the upgraded input shaft. maybe i need to save a little more. i will check out rpm. if you upgrade the input shaft, do you have to use a different clutch?

I thought the f-body t-56 had a 26 spline shaft stock. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd assume if that was case that it would just be a stronger 26 spline shaft.

when i had the trans grinding gears 1-2 and into 6th i tore it down to see what all needed replaced. after pricing all the parts it was cheeper to buy one than to rebuild one and that was with me doing the work.

did you buy a used stock replcacement, built one, or?

Shift forks, sliders, pads , those are the biggies that need replaced, and you want to go with solid sliders and bronze pads.

RPM does rebuild them at some pretty fair costs, they have options aside from just their standard packages, and you can schedule to just drive it out like Dave, and wait for a hour or two and they can have it rebuilt and you can be on your way back home. It is only about a 2- 2.5 hour drive.

Regards

Shift forks, sliders, pads , those are the biggies that need replaced, and you want to go with solid sliders and bronze pads.

RPM does rebuild them at some pretty fair costs, they have options aside from just their standard packages, and you can schedule to just drive it out like Dave, and wait for a hour or two and they can have it rebuilt and you can be on your way back home. It is only about a 2- 2.5 hour drive.

Regards

That was the best part. I had it built and back in my garage in the same day. Guys did a great job and the thing shifts so much smoother too. I'm not too easy on it either. Definitely holds up to the punishment.