Question about felonys/ firearms

boosted98gst

no, but their wife can have a very large collection.

a felon CAN get their gun rights restored by a judge, but good luck with that. chances are not good for a regular guy. now if you a member of their club, have donated lots of money to the judge's re-election campaign etc etc, then your chances are looking better.

You can apply for your gun rights back. If you google it, you will find the info somewhere on the ATF site. There is a certain amount of time that must pass, but other than that it can be done as far as I understand. I do believe there might be some restrictions regarding violent crimes, though.

no, but their wife can have a very large collection.

a felon CAN get their gun rights restored by a judge, but good luck with that. chances are not good for a regular guy. now if you a member of their club, have donated lots of money to the judge's re-election campaign etc etc, then your chances are looking better.

My friend just got his record expunged in California. Since then he has not only bought guns, he now has his Ohio CCW. Total cost=$1500 to have the expungement done.

My friend just got his record expunged in California. Since then he has not only bought guns, he now has his Ohio CCW. Total cost=$1500 to have the expungement done.

There is a fine line also with the expungement trust if it was that cheap and easy it would of been off my record years ago. I have a felony on my record for something I did as a joke in highschool ( Stealing golf clubs out of a teachers garage, and yes I did throw them back in his yard the next night) . I handled all kinds of stuff in the marines as a grunt and was never told no because of the felony, and I work for the state of ohio in the prison systems now. The police at my work told me that im allowed to own/buy rifles just not handgun's after 7 years. I own rifles and pistols now they never took them away from me after I commited the crime, only thing I had to do when I was on probation was keep the firearms at my grandma's. I called both the police state and sheiff station and they dont me they had no idea, and to call the other one.

kis the judges ass a few times and have them restore you gun rights..

I have to work in hand with the union county judge, I just have no idea how to bring it up. You really dont know how embarassing it is for me to even bring it up to someone.

I have to work in hand with the union county judge, I just have no idea how to bring it up. You really dont know how embarassing it is for me to even bring it up to someone.

You opened right up to a bunch of strangers on a local forum. Stop being a pussy and talk to the judge already.

What is your position with the prison?

There is a process to have your record expunged. I'm don't know the exact details, but it can (sometimes) be done.

I know there is a process. Its not as easy as some say. I am questiong that he actually knows 1 much less more than 1 police officer that has had a felony expunged.