Any good fishing spots around columbus?

Shawn89

No crap J. I bet there is some big bass in there the one I cought was just bait. I LOST MY FAVORITE LURE TO!!

Dude im going back out tomorrow later on, If you want to go just hit me up or your welcome to just stop by. Just think everything I said today through bro. Ive been through all that shit when I was younger and you know I spent time in the joint over doing something stupid one night. Its really not worth it man, if that guy has a problem with you not doing it either, I will knock that guys block off. You're good kid shawn, dont let fucking snakes try and take advantage of you , when your in a bad spot in life . Things always get better , doing the right things will pay off in the long run

Dude im going back out tomorrow later on, If you want to go just hit me up or your welcome to just stop by. Just think everything I said today through bro. Ive been through all that shit when I was younger and you know I spent time in the joint over doing something stupid one night. Its really not worth it man, if that guy has a problem with you not doing it either, I will knock that guys block off. You're good kid shawn, dont let fucking snakes try and take advantage of you , when your in a bad spot in life . Things always get better , doing the right things will pay off in the long run

Dude that little offroad session was pretty cool. I need to find some 31"s and lift my truck 3" then it will go threw some shit lol.

Dude that little offroad session was pretty cool. I need to find some 31"s and lift my truck 3" then it will go threw some shit lol.

Shawn If you decide to go fishing later, I will be at the open spot at the middle of the lake. I am going to try and take a mountain bike out, not sure how thats going to work since the woods is so thick.

Shawn If you decide to go fishing later, I will be at the open spot at the middle of the lake. I am going to try and take a mountain bike out, not sure how thats going to work since the woods is so thick.

Need to get you a truck! That pinkish blazer up there looks like your style lol. But forreal there not bad trucks as you seen in them ruts its pretty capable, and that's with it being stock bald tires and ride hight.

Well, since I mentioned carp earlier in this thread, I figure I'll post this picture up here too. I was out with a buddy of mine and his brother yesterday morning, and my friend's brother hooked into this monster:

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x33/spankis/BlackedOut-40lb10oz-1.jpg

The location will remain undisclosed lol, but that's a 40lb 10oz fish right there. The guy holding it is 6'5" 300lbs, to put things in perspective :). You could have put a grapefruit in the fish's mouth....ridiculous.

Well, since I mentioned carp earlier in this thread, I figure I'll post this picture up here too. I was out with a buddy of mine and his brother yesterday morning, and my friend's brother hooked into this monster:

The location will remain undisclosed lol, but that's a 40lb 10oz fish right there. The guy holding it is 6'5" 300lbs, to put things in perspective :). You could have put a grapefruit in the fish's mouth....ridiculous.

Nice sized one. However, with the amount of large carp available around here, unless you're hiding the location for other types of fishing, it doesn't matter. ;)

What were you guys using for bait? I've always used corn on a treble for carp. Cherry tomatoes work suprisingly well, too. I've never tried it, but being they love vegetation so much, I've actually thought about trying other "salad related" things, too, but haven't. :p

Nice sized one. However, with the amount of large carp available around here, unless you're hiding the location for other types of fishing, it doesn't matter. ;)

What were you guys using for bait? I've always used corn on a treble for carp. Cherry tomatoes work suprisingly well, too. I've never tried it, but being they love vegetation so much, I've actually thought about trying other "salad related" things, too, but haven't. :p

No treble hook here, but corn as a pickup bait and packbait around a large sinker as method works well.

Also, the carp you're referring to that bite on cherry tomatoes and vegetation are a different type altogether - grass carp. The species pictured is a common carp, and will show little interest in grass carp baits like cherry tomatoes, green beans, etc..

As far as "large" carp around here, there are very few systems locally that will support common carp of that size. The state record is just over 50 lbs, and many dispute its accuracy as it's quite an old catch, and none close have been taken since. 40lb'ers are quite rare, and this one took out 75 yards of line AT LEAST pulling through drag before he could even start to work on the fish. Somehow he caught it on 12 lb mono too...amazing.

Why would you fish those? Slow moving water cleaners. Destroying the body of water

Why would you fish those? Slow moving water cleaners. Destroying the body of water

Very incorrect actually, you are misinformed like many others.

While it is true that all species of carp are "introduced" fish not native to the United States, only a few species are considered "invasive", and detrimental to an ecosystem. Particularly the Silver Carp, Bighead Carp, and Black Carp can be damaging, and in some cases the Grass Carp can be as well. Often the grass carp you see in ponds are completely legal, sterilized fish, unable to reproduce but kept in the ponds to control vegetation.

The Bighead, Black, and Silver Carp have not made their way to Ohio yet, and are found nearly exclusively in the Mississippi River Basin and it's tributaries. The Common Carp in particular is an introduced European species, and while it is very prevalent it is seldom damaging to its habitat. They are quite fun to catch as well, as they truly bolt when they are hooked and put up quite a fight.

• 1 month later...

carp..lol looks like a sucker to me! J/K

I have a small lake right up the road that has the biggest grass carp I have ever seen those things look like sharks,well over 5 foot long,no fish story either,they have been in that pond over 30 years and these are the same fish as they dont reproduce.

that kinda looks photoshopped. wow.