Car Alarms - what is the best?

Berto

I am in the market for a car alarm and i am having trouble finding good reviews comparing different systems. I am not trying to spend $400+ I just want a good alarm. What should I be looking at.

I have a two way somethin or another remote start / alarm etc. my sis got my for xmas a year or two ago, its BNIB, has been opened but never installed. Ill let it go for like 1/2 of whatever they cost if u want. Let me go get the model.

Thats why I want the 2-way one. I'll pay attention to it, guaranteed.

You interested in the two way i have by any chance? 50$ and its yours, BNIB, but the box was opened to look at it. Has never been hooked up to anything, i posted the link above.

You interested in the two way i have by any chance? 50$ and its yours, BNIB, but the box was opened to look at it. Has never been hooked up to anything, i posted the link above.

Not sure man, never really heard of that brand....

Back when I was into systems and whatnot, Clifford made a very nice unit... DEI (Directed Electronics), was always a good starting point.

quick google, maybe somthing along these lines???... http://www.clifford.com/Products/Product.aspx?ProductID=705

cant go wrong with a nice gun rack though... Maybe a nice sign that simply says "I will shoot you in the fucking face" *shrug*

compustar 2way ftw.

tom

I had a Compustar on my S10 and loved it. I've been debating on getting one installed on my Impala. I was talking to Gearhead Rob a while back and it sounds like the units he carries and installs are pretty good too. Sorry, don't remember what they are, but if you PM him he can give you the details.

Back when I was into systems and whatnot, Clifford made a very nice unit... DEI (Directed Electronics), was always a good starting point.

quick google, maybe somthing along these lines???... http://www.clifford.com/Products/Product.aspx?ProductID=705

cant go wrong with a nice gun rack though... Maybe a nice sign that simply says "I will shoot you in the fucking face" *shrug*

compustar 2way ftw.

tom

I do believe both of these brands are fantastic, as well as Crimestopper. I think it's a spinoff of DEI. I had a lot of falses with multiple Vipers, but never any with anything DEI or CrimeStopper. All systems were professionally installed, too.