cut open oil filter

brennan

I was talking about AIR filters.

I buy purolator pure one filters. because a R6 can use a mazda miata oil filter.

they are 99.9% efficient.

http://www.purolatorautofilters.net/en-us/products/oil_filters/Pages/pureoneoilfilters.aspx

Ok... just because the company says it's 99.9% efficient, that doesn't mean it actually is. (Not saying it isn't) But I think I'm still back at square one, unless this 99.9% efficiency is confirmed.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok... just because the company says it's 99.9% efficient, that doesn't mean it actually is. (Not saying it isn't) But I think I'm still back at square one, unless this 99.9% efficiency is confirmed.

read purolator's site, it was certified by using the ISO 4548-12 test.

here is a link to the test from ISO(not purolators test, just the standard test)

http://webstore.ansi.org/RecordDetail.aspx?sku=ISO+4548-12%3a2000&source=google&adgroup=iso6&keyword=iso%204548-12&gclid=CKTsyuPvgpkCFQpgswodjU6amQ

I wouldn't worry too much about that part anyway. standard filters are usually in the 90-97% range anyway from what I've been reading. I'm more concerned with is it draining empty when the engine is off.

dry starts are the worst enemy of your engine.

Edited by serpentracer

More specifically, many modern motorcycles are being designed to use one of two types of automotive oil filters. In other words, a large percentage of motorcycles now use one of two types of automotive oil filters.

And sure, those are filters for smaller Japanese automotive engines.