Finally got the boat out of storage

Nitrousbird

Got it out yesterday, change the oil, fire it up...no water pumping back out of the motor. Well that's not good.

$55 impeller/pump kit + $11 gear lube + pull lower unit and replace, all good. No longer gets warm idling on the water either. Old impeller was freaking shot; I should have done this 1-2 years ago. About a 2 hour job; now that I know the tricks, probably an hour and 15 minute deal.

Took her out tonight, ran perfectly, all good. Then the screws for the carpeted drive-on board came out, and it went floating when I put the trailer in the water to pull the boat out. Damn bolts rotted out, so I Jerry Rigged it with some tie down straps; gotta fix that this week. Had the same thing happen to me last year on the other board; guess I should have fixed the other one while I was at it. :(

Water is still a little chilly for wakeboarding - will likely hop in the water w/ the wet suit next week.

They're called Bunks, Joe. ;) Just had to fix one of mine last week from last season. Board rotted and allowed the bolt to back out.

Last year I just got in the water, and held the board while I tapped the throttle on the boat to bring it up on the trailer.

My wife was pulling the boat on the trailer. At no time would I have considered holding the bunk while she was doing that!

I'll just put bigger bolts in, and that should hold for a couple more years. Hopefully this is the last year with this boat, as I REALLY want to upgrade next year (I've had this one since 2000).

My wife was pulling the boat on the trailer. At no time would I have considered holding the bunk while she was doing that!

HAHA too funny.

I'll just put bigger bolts in, and that should hold for a couple more years. Hopefully this is the last year with this boat, as I REALLY want to upgrade next year (I've had this one since 2000).

Joe if you want, I have an extra trailer we can put your boat on temporarily if you wanted to do some work on your trailer. It fits a 24'. I know that's a little too big for yours, but I keep it in my storage right at the marina entrance. We could just swap it out in the water then put it right back in my storage spot until yours is done. Let me know if interested.

Edited by FormulaMatt

LOL Yeah I would go through the trouble of doing it all myself before letting any women trailer up the boat.

HAHA too funny.

Joe if you want, I have an extra trailer we can put your boat on temporarily if you wanted to do some work on your trailer. It fits a 24'. I know that's a little too big for yours, but I keep it in my storage right at the marina entrance. We could just swap it out in the water then put it right back in my storage spot until yours is done. Let me know if interested.

I may consider that offer later this year. Depends on if I have any more issues with the trailer...which I sure hope I don't!