Dyno'd the R1 today... Stock

S1000RR is putting down 183RWHP or something like that. Yes, it sucks. You wasted your money. Go trade it back in.

I bet it doesn't put that to the ground. A lot of bike companioes claim a lot of power. Doesn't translate to real-world dyno numbers. There are many things to consider as well. Every modern sportbike from say 2000 and up has a sealed airbox that at speed forces air into the engine. No different than a turbo car with an intercooler on the dyno, you just can simulate 100+ mph winds. If you could, I would bet the number on the dyno would go up at least 10%. Dynos are for tuning and all of them read differnt. As long as the power curve is inline, and doesn't seem way off power, don't worry about it.

I bet it doesn't put that to the ground. A lot of bike companioes claim a lot of power. Doesn't translate to real-world dyno numbers. There are many things to consider as well. Every modern sportbike from say 2000 and up has a sealed airbox that at speed forces air into the engine. No different than a turbo car with an intercooler on the dyno, you just can simulate 100+ mph winds. If you could, I would bet the number on the dyno would go up at least 10%. Dynos are for tuning and all of them read differnt. As long as the power curve is inline, and doesn't seem way off power, don't worry about it.

So S10000RR puts 180+ to the wheel on the dyno and his R1 puts 150 on the dyno. The BMW puts down more horse power either way.

It was more or less a joke than anything either way.

What year R1? If it's a new one, something's wrong with the bike or the dyno. If it's an early 2000s or late 1990s, then that's not bad.

To put it into perspective, my stock 2005 ZX10 put down 162 on Brian's dyno.

Guest tbutera2112
its brand new off the showroom floor...those numbers dont seem bad to me, especially given how many factors go into a dyno reading...i doubt anything is wrong with the bike, if anything the weather might have affected the dyno or something if that is low

Yeah, I'm really not concerned all that much with the number... it was 96 degrees in the shop when it was dyno'd and it had 131 miles on it. It had stock oil and the gas the dealership put in it too...

I have heard that a lighter tire, synthetic oil, and just some 94 octane are good for a few HP.

For now I will ride it and enjoy it. If it is too slow later, then I mod it or get something else.

Yeah, I have been riding motorcycles since I was a kid... I grew up down south and you could get a motorcycle license at 14.5. So my first street vehicle was a POS Yamaha Vision 550.

My first liter bike (if you can call it that) was a 85 VF1000R That I got back in 91. Sold it about 8 years ago, been riding Harleys for the last 3 years or so.

Now this is my first bike that has this kind of power, so I am getting to know it before I get too silly with it.

Actually they do...

• 3 weeks later...