What could it be?

Hahn

Got my car back from the shop a few days ago. It now has a new JDM engine in it and drives good, but the idle is off. It jumps up to 2k rpm's and sometimes bounces a little bit up in that range. I already found 1 vacume line that wasnt connected and that fixed it at first but now its doing it again. So what could cause this and is it doing damage if i keep driving it with the idle that high? Thanks alot for any info/help.

idle air control valve? i dunno return it to the shop that you paid money to put the engine in....?

Where is the IAC valve? and im trying to see if its something i can fix before taking it back to the shop.

IAC = Idle Air Control

if you just had a bunch of work done take it back and make them fix it

Trying to see if its something i can do myself beore taking it back. How do i fix this or can i?

i gues the first thing to do is make sure all of your vacum ports are either hooked up or capped then check for vac leaks in other places beyond that you really need a scan tool so you can watch whats goin on with the o2's the tps and the desired and comanded idle or you'll just be throwing parts at it

i gues the first thing to do is make sure all of your vacum ports are either hooked up or capped then check for vac leaks in other places beyond that you really need a scan tool so you can watch whats goin on with the o2's the tps and the desired and comanded idle or you'll just be throwing parts at it

Checked all the vacume lines and all are good. others have suggested it could be the idle air control valve. ill check this and hopefully if it is that it just needs cleaned and not replaced. thanks for the help everyone.