Anyone else notice that their car isnt as fun anymore?

V8 Beast

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I'm fine with mine and it has so much more potential. Not to mention, it's still one of the best looking body styles ever and the aftermarket is huge without breaking the bank.

On that note, I can get away with a roll bar versus a cage, so I'll be going that route as well.

My car was cool 8 years ago... now its uncomfortable and annoying. There are too many fast and comfortable cars out there for me to keep dealing with this thing. I'm about ready to jump on the C6Z bandwagon.

maybe you should have bought a GTO..lol

get in, shut the fuck up ,dont worry about holding on cause you ass is going to be pinned to the seat ,...pontiac = EXCITEMENT

Everytime I get my car into boost, it is a blast. I have had 4 different people tonight ask me if I would sell it.

I feel the same way about the Sentra. Never had anyone want to buy it until they took a ride in it, though. hahaha

My car was cool 8 years ago... now its uncomfortable and annoying. There are too many fast and comfortable cars out there for me to keep dealing with this thing. I'm about ready to jump on the C6Z bandwagon.

I feel the same way, that's why my car sits more than anything, it was a blast a few years ago, looking at my bank account now it wasn't worth it. The biggest thing is it'll never be done, so I'm just gonna take a break from it and do other things then come back to it

cars are worth what you are willing to spend on them. i view it strictly as hobby, and a money drain at that. if you are willing to accept that you will probably lose everthing you put into it, then go for it. no matter how much you spend, there is always someone out there faster, better, and will have a more desireable toy than yours. in that scope, its a never ending battle.

That is why you should have a couple of hobbies, take a break from one of them and enjoy the other. I really been enjoying my pool and some Labatt's this summer.

I kinda got that feeling after driving the red car on coilovers to Port Clinton, but I'm at a point where I'm just ready for a second car that is more useful than an MR2. I still love driving it, but I do miss A/C and a little more forgiving suspension.

*dons flame suit*

Perhaps it's not the car that you're tired of, but what you do with it. How much fun can a straight line be after the 10,000th time? GO - Stop. GO - Stop.

This,

http://matadornetwork.cachefly.net/matadortrips.com/docs//wp-content/images/posts/20100615-roads12.jpg

is more fun than,

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5c/DragStrip_Nitrolympics_2005.jpg

For shits and giggles, put some wide tires on the front and come out to an AutoX. Those of us here who do AutoX would be MORE than happy to get you started.

Now I'm not saying this will definitely make you fall in love with your car all over again, or that you'll definitely love AutoX, but by trying new things, you might prevent getting bored with your next car.

Just my $.02 and change...

My goal is to make the GTI a great DD, brakes are on their way (hawk hps pads, tyrol caliper bushings, ss lines, dot 4 fluid, new rotors), suspension next year (H&R cupkit). Winter wheels with snow tires for the winter, and a roof rack for bikes/kayaks.

I will be buying a dedicated track car within the next year hopefully to allow myself to mess with that, and not my daily.

I already have over $20k in this car. I really dont see myself dropping another $12k into it to go to the next level anytime soon. I would never sell my car, but I may de-mod it a little and get another fun car with my bonus next year. I may not go all out with a C6, but a project car could give me something to do.

I already have over $20k in this car. I really dont see myself dropping another $12k into it to go to the next level anytime soon. I would never sell my car, but I may de-mod it a little and get another fun car with my bonus next year. I may not go all out with a C6, but a project car could give me something to do.

Whats the "next level"?