Buy a new Vette and assemble the motor yourself

2highpsi

Obviously not an option for everyone (or even most buyers), but I think that's really cool to offer the chance for someone to be able to do this.

And with this kind of car, I can imagine this will only help increase the value of the car years down the road, being one of likely only a few cars ever ordered with this "option."

Guest tbutera2112

without the option, are the engines hand built by a tech or are they assembly line?

if the engines are hand built either way, then i dont think this option will increase the value down the line like someone suggested. im assuming they are, but hell i dont know.

All ZR-1 motors are hand-ASSEMBLED, dunno on the ZO6. The words "under the guidance of GM technicians" are key, basically you'd be using the assembly equipment and tools while the tech holds your hand. There isn't much in the way of actual hands-on involvement with modern engine assembly.

lol professional = some inbred redneck down in bowling green, kentucky.

You're right. That's exactly who GM has chosen to hand assemble their flagship engine. I bet they took someone off of left turn signal assembly shift and said, "George, watch this 5 minute training video and then go put them motors 'gether."

Yup, I'm sho you is right.

You're right. That's exactly who GM has chosen to hand assemble their flagship engine. I bet they took someone off of left turn signal assembly shift and said, "George, watch this 5 minute training video and then go put them motors 'gether."

LOLOL :D

That and it's assembled in Wixom, MI you know like 9 hrs from Bowling Green, KY.

Didn't they just copy BMW? I could of swore when you bought a BMW you could opt extra $$ to go to europe and see the car be made.

Also, didnt know LS9 blocks were 5.2l's.

EDIT: It says there building a LS9, how come some of the pictures show a 5.2l block and some show a 6.2l?