Drag Racing at Trails Sucks

Cordell

Scott.. I love ya man but stop bitching and get a roll bar. The only thing I hate about the one I have is how I cant see as well out of the rear window. Its really only a pain in the ass if you sit in the back seat.. which I hope you dont do.

Then race on the fucking streets and let the guys who take our fucking time and money to have the proper safety equipment run at the track. FUCKING LAME AS SHIT!

Get a bolt in Wolfe 5pt with a swing out bar and be done with it.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why does it matter if you hit a ten second pass or not??? If you know on the street your car will run with 10 sec cars and the only thing holding you back is traction/ the track why do you care... Do you ahve that big of a hard on to run a ten just to say ya its a ten second car???

I would say think about what you want... If you want to say ya it runs tens then get a bar and the stuff you need and hit your ten. If you want to keep it a street car so to say then why not just say f it and put the money you will spend on a cage etc into your suspension or other parts of your car???

You go test that and let me know how it works out.

So, which is safer?

A. A 130mph all wheel drive car, equipped with airbags, crash beams, seat belts, and wearing a helmet.

Or

B. A 150 mph bike wearing leathers and a helmet.

I think A is WAY safer..... Yet B is "track legal" and A is not.....

why does it matter if you hit a ten second pass or not??? If you know on the street your car will run with 10 sec cars and the only thing holding you back is traction/ the track why do you care... Do you ahve that big of a hard on to run a ten just to say ya its a ten second car???

I would say think about what you want... If you want to say ya it runs tens then get a bar and the stuff you need and hit your ten. If you want to keep it a street car so to say then why not just say f it and put the money you will spend on a cage etc into your suspension or other parts of your car???

Because when the green light drops the bullshit stops and a time slip does not lie.

So, which is safer?

A. A 130mph all wheel drive car, equipped with airbags, crash beams, seat belts, and wearing a helmet.

Or

I think A is WAY safer..... Yet B is "track legal" and A is not.....

That is not an apples to apples deal there :)

Because when the green light drops the bullshit stops and a time slip does not lie.

then dont build a street car is all I am saying???

That is like shanton knows what his car can do on the highway that is what it was built for. Go to the track and because of traction etc it may only run 12s or so but bring those ten second track cars out to the street and run him and he will show you a different story...

Im just saying you can not complain that your car doesnt do something if you did not build/ set it up to do that.

Guest tbutera2112
No way I will EVER put a cage a street car. Wreck on street with no helmet and your head hits the bar you are dead. Crash beams, airbags, seat belts, and a helmet are plenty safety for a 130 mph car IMHO.

umm...get a 6/8pt cage, then you dont have to worry about hitting your head

i don't think i ever want to do 150 on a bike.

ide like to do 250 on a bike lol mine just isnt capable of that!

Come one guys. The guy just wants a glory Pass. I mean shit I am trying to find larger tires just so i can have a 11 second glory pass.

That being said. Track days are the best days to break rules.

Scott don't cage the car, you don't want to be at the track enough to justify it. Id say go out there balls to the ball on pass number 1 run 10s and be done with it. Then keep it a street car. Caging the car will just ruin the comfort and fun.

My camaro will have a 25.3 cage certified for 6.50s on a 275/60/15. its a street car. still gona drive the wheels off it. but with safety equipment. the rules get put into effect because someone has suffered from it. i know we all like the it cant happen to me idea. but we all know it can.

So, which is safer?

Or

I think A is WAY safer..... Yet B is "track legal" and A is not

ud b wrong. the bike generally leaves the rider. rider with leathers sliding down a track.

or the weight of a car hittin a wall a few times and rolling over with you in it. way better chance for injury. chance of getting hit by a car in the door to test your fancy side impact bars wich are a small strip of stamped steel. unlikley. but the door flying off and your 2" seat belt breaking is a very real possibility. my truck had a cage at 11.99 and was a full street car. i understand to some its a pain in the neck. u think mark like having a cage in his street vette. thats the smallest interior ever. but he does for safety.

evan a bolt in is legal. and if not racing a while unbolt it.

Guest tbutera2112
This is why i decided to buy a car just for the track. Didn't want to cage my vert.

cages look cool in verts, if theyre fast enough to need one that is lol