Charlotte's car scene sucks!

Doug1647545489

So I've been out of the car scene for a while, but after getting the new car I went out looking for the local hang out. I found one small group of people, but it was all 18-21 year old super ricers. Only one c5 vette that was all ragged out and had a hacked stereo system. There weren't any F-bodies or vettes, mustangs, supras, rx7s, or anything else worthwhile to look at or hang around and BS. I was at least expecting a sizable redneck contingent, but didn't see them either.

There seems to be two extremes here. During the day you have the normal car shows with guys old enough to be my grandfather and the HS crowd. No 24-30 crowd driving nice cars. Only thing that was close was the cars and coffee meet. I'm not looking to do any racing off the track either. I just wanted to get out and meet some more people my age that have tasteful cars.

Has the car scene pretty much died everywhere or is Charlotte just that bad compared to C-bus? I would have thought with all the racing crap here we would have a huge scene. I couldn't find anything on the local forums either. Just that super ricer meet.

Are the days of the Thrift store parking lot meets over?

I think people in their 20s and 30s just get focused on their career and having kids. Dealing with an extra car and modding it has just become either a huge time sink, too expensive, or both.

I also find it odd how as soon as you start having kids people think you need some sort of 4-door car or minivan. LOL..

The time to have a 2-door is when the kids are still small. :)

I think people in their 20s and 30s just get focused on their career and having kids. Dealing with an extra car and modding it has just become either a huge time sink, too expensive, or both.

I also find it odd how as soon as you start having kids people think you need some sort of 4-door car or minivan. LOL..

The time to have a 2-door is when the kids are still small. :)

I still figured we would have our version of Sam and Linn. haha

I agree that it's probably a function of age. Think about when we started going to meets. We were mostly young ricers plus Sam, Kyle, and the rest of the RX7 club. Now you're probably the age those guys were at the start of CR.

I'd say go to cars and coffee and try to meet people. Maybe some hang out on the weekends, or at least they'll actually be worth talking to.

I don't know, I can think of quite a few people that were in that 25-35 age group that were coming out in 03-04. The meets at reynoldsberg hooters were almost all this age group.

Cars and coffee is good. It's very family oriented here, but the quality of cars is high.

Doug let me know when you want to do something, I could ride over on a weekend to hang out. I think Charlotte is about 3 hours from me, but I ride more than most. Especially to see a CR OG. There are some guys here in Fayetteville and they have a pretty nice drag strip in town also, but mostly military guys that don't know a think about cars.

http://www.horsepowerjunkies.com/forums/

thats the only forum for NC that I have been referred to so far

http://www.carolinarides.com/forum/cmps_index.php

http://www.charlotte-autofair.com/

the 2006 spring charlotte autofair,at that time,was the worlds' largest auto event. car clubs from the area gather,if you want to meet clubs,go to it. incredible car corral and HUGE swap meet.

http://www.carolinarides.com/forum/cmps_index.php

http://www.charlotte-autofair.com/

the 2006 spring charlotte autofair,at that time,was the worlds' largest auto event. car clubs from the area gather,if you want to meet clubs,go to it. incredible car corral and HUGE swap meet.

I'm already on both the local forums (well local, as in entire state) and I do go to the autofair. The forums are pretty slow and the most of the guys on horsepower junkies are located in the center of the state. The charlotte section is pretty dead.

I've been asking around and it seems that Hickory, NC has a decent little car scene on the weekends.

I was born and raised in Charlotte. There is a huge scene but you have to know these motherfuckers. If you want to hang out with some serious gangster fuckers that are into bikes more than anything I can get you hooked up.

South Side Charlotte is the spot to be in.

I was born and raised in Charlotte. There is a huge scene but you have to know these motherfuckers. If you want to hang out with some serious gangster fuckers that are into bikes more than anything I can get you hooked up.

South Side Charlotte is the spot to be in.

Any idea where? Not really into the gangster bike scene.