So remember that ticket I got....

MackDaddy43

For an "unsafe lane change"?

4 or so months later I go to court for it.

Basically:

They reduced it to a non-moving violation, "operating an unsafe vehicle". This amounted to an $11 fine, plus $40 in court fees. My license is suspended for 30-Days, but with work privileges. I have to go to 3 - 3 hour driving classes, a class *I* pay $135 to take. AND I have to write 2 - 500 word essays on my opinion of "what a good driver should do" And "what I did wrong, and what I learned from it"

WTF is this shit?

Would it have been better to just take the 2 god damn points??

Thanks Fairfield county!

On a side note,

I made some killer chicken wings tonight. Deep fried them and made some sauce out of franks red hot, ketchup, and maple syurp.

What a day.

There aint no way in hell I would do any of that shit.

what about the wings?

but seriously, i dont have a choice or apparently I get my license TOTALLY suspended for 90 days

I knew i should have had it transferred to franklin. It was originally for newark. This court seemed so small I think they were just doing it for the money....

Did you speak with a prosecutor and agree to this deal in court? Sounds like there is more to the story

My lawyer did, cuz he actually went to school with her, and she said that her and the magistrate dont really "get along" and her recommendation probably wouldn't be taken.

4 or so months later I go to court for it.

Basically:

They reduced it to a non-moving violation, "operating an unsafe vehicle". This amounted to an $11 fine, plus $40 in court fees. My license is suspended for 30-Days, but with work privileges. I have to go to 3 - 3 hour driving classes, a class *I* pay $135 to take. AND I have to write 2 - 500 word essays on my opinion of "what a good driver should do" And "what I did wrong, and what I learned from it"

WTF is this shit?

Would it have been better to just take the 2 god damn points??

Thanks Fairfield county!

On a side note,

I made some killer chicken wings tonight. Deep fried them and made some sauce out of franks red hot, ketchup, and maple syurp.

What a day.

Wait, so an unsafe lane change almost cost you 2 points?! thats fucking nuts.

My license is suspended for 30-Days, but with work privileges. I have to go to 3 - 3 hour driving classes, a class *I* pay $135 to take. AND I have to write 2 - 500 word essays on my opinion of "what a good driver should do" And "what I did wrong, and what I learned from it"

I don't recall the original story, but I'm assuming there's a lot more to it than just an unsafe lane change as no one I know gets their license suspended and ordered to take a driving class for that. Let alone the bonus of writing an essay.

WTF did you do jump across four lanes of traffic while drag racing and going over 100mph ?

I saw a Cop up ahead and flipped my blinker and kind of immediately got over. There was a cop right behind me though.. You're supposed to travel 100 feet with your signal on before moving.

Also the lawyer isn't going to charge us most likely.

And yes I'm under 18.

Guest tbutera2112
Tryin to fight a ticket when your under 18 is pointless..

whys that? i was charged with 10 points a month after i turned 16 (drag racing - 6 / reckless op - 4) and fought it in court...walked out with 2pts, and a couple hour long driving class...didnt even get my license suspended

lose license for 2 years, or take couple hour class....hmm..i think i came out alright on that one

whys that? i was charged with 10 points a month after i turned 16 (drag racing - 6 / reckless op - 4) and fought it in court...walked out with 2pts, and a couple hour long driving class...didnt even get my license suspended

lose license for 2 years, or take couple hour class....hmm..i think i came out alright on that one

And you probly deserved the 10 points.

You were a dumb kid, you made a mistake and you pay for it. We have all done it. It's happened to me before and there was no way in hell my dad would have supported me trying to get out of it because i was a kid and needed to learn it wasn't okay to drive like a jackass.

It's okay for me to fight a ticket now because it effects me alot more than before I was 18.

I got a speeding ticket when I was 17 and they (Delaware) made me sit through some slideshow of gory car/bike accidents.. 10 points later I got a six month suspension and had to sit in a classroom and watch a movie of some guy teaching powersliding techniques through wet corners in a red camaro. I never really understood that.

Guest tbutera2112
And you probly deserved the 10 points.

You were a dumb kid, you made a mistake and you pay for it. We have all done it. It's happened to me before and there was no way in hell my dad would have supported me trying to get out of it because i was a kid and needed to learn it wasn't okay to drive like a jackass.

It's okay for me to fight a ticket now because it effects me alot more than before I was 18.

its debatable whether or not i deserved the drag racing ticket...but yea, i definitely deserved atleast some of those 10 points (ill cop to deserving 6 of them, not all 10)

but hell i ended up with 2 more speeding tickets after, and 2 license suspensions....all before i was 18...semi-learned my lesson...learned to be smarter about shit when i do act dumb

and why would tickets now effect you more than when you were a minor? hell ide say its the other way around...minors get a lot harsher consequences than people over 18

My manager here at Lexus said it probably would have been better to just take the points cuz he's not sure if insurance will cover me under a privileged license. Im hoping this plea bargain doesn't cost me my job...

To those who want the Wing sauce

1 1/2 cups Frank's Hot Sauce (the whole bottle)

half stick butter

tablespoon ketchup

1/2 cup maple syrup

Just put it all in a Pan and let it simmer while you cook the wings.

You got boned hard if your description of the offense is accurate. That really sucks and you have my sympathy.

$40 court fees: oh well

Three, 3-hour classes: sucks but points on your license are worse

$135 for the classes: still less than the NPV of insurance increases due to points

500 word essays: write them during the driving classes

30-day license suspension: absolute BULLSHIT

You probably would have been better off in Newark/Licking County than Fairfield.

Good luck.

I saw a Cop up ahead and flipped my blinker and kind of immediately got over.

People in Ohio never use their blinker, why would you?! :D I am from NY and people there use their blinker 90% of the time, here it is like 40% of the time.

Sorry to hear about getting dicked around being under 18 an all.