group ride this weekend

that dude

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it depends on where we're riding to. I'm done for riding, but not freezing my balls off, and I'm not trying to hit the twisties on cold streets and tires...so that window is most likely going to be small.

If we're just talking about putzing around and maybe getting together for a tasty beverage or two and some grub afterwards...that works too.

I know I'm north of you (I think)..so if we come that way the CLE guys should hook up first, then roll south.

Sunday is probably a better day for me. I WILL be on two Saturday, but I've got stuff around the house to take care of so I won't be traveling far or long.

Everyone..chime in for Sunday and where you're located. CLE folks can meet up in a central place and head south, if that's where we're going.

sunday is looking warmer than saturday..sunday is high of 52 which to me isnt all that great. im down for some casual riding getting some beverages and brub also..im gonna be honest before i get too crazy i gotta order some tires.the akron guys gotta come my way so i guess i could met up with them in medina, then we all can meet up in stongsville or wherever..where does everyone want to ride?

I'm not looking to do any aggressive riding in the twisties...needs to warm up a bit before that happens.

Strongsville is cool with me. I'm still clueless where to ride though..Lived here for 10 years and really don't know anywhere to ride other than far south of here.

i agree with taking it easy and no twisties. i can be at rolling afros in about 20 minutes also. i am coming from central interchange in akron (76-77-rt 8). but other than that i am down for whatever. i think sunday would be the best bet because after this work week i am going to attempt to drink ALL the beer in the bar tonight!!!:cheers:

dammit looks like i'm on my own on sat if sat doesnt work for anyone.

as for sunday, i have to pick up the woman from the airport at 6pm, so that probably means, depending on where I am, I'll have to leave the group around 4pm so i can get to my house in time to get the car and get to the airport.

at 50+ degrees, I don't think the roads will be so cold that there will be serious issues with traction. But it's sounding like most of you guys would prefer to do a casual ride, so maybe if anyone knows some scenic (with maybe even some gentle sweepers) routes we can hit and get a bite to eat somewhere, that would be just fine with me. the only places i know down south of north royalton is south of canton where all the good roads are. Near north royalton, I think there is a park or something like that, and maybe some scenic roads (like, they're actually called, scenic byway or something like that). plenty of food places there.

Edited by jbot

i agree with taking it easy and no twisties. i can be at rolling afros in about 20 minutes also. i am coming from central interchange in akron (76-77-rt 8). but other than that i am down for whatever. i think sunday would be the best bet because after this work week i am going to attempt to drink ALL the beer in the bar tonight!!!:cheers:

i agree

dammit looks like i'm on my own on sat if sat doesnt work for anyone.

as for sunday, i have to pick up the woman from the airport at 6pm, so that probably means, depending on where I am, I'll have to leave the group around 4pm so i can get to my house in time to get the car and get to the airport.

at 50+ degrees, I don't think the roads will be so cold that there will be serious issues with traction. But it's sounding like most of you guys would prefer to do a casual ride, so maybe if anyone knows some scenic (with maybe even some gentle sweepers) routes we can hit and get a bite to eat somewhere, that would be just fine with me. the only places i know down south of north royalton is south of canton where all the good roads are. Near north royalton, I think there is a park or something like that, and maybe some scenic roads (like, they're actually called, scenic byway or something like that). plenty of food places there.

metroparks are in north royalton hinckley and strongsville..so that would work if we meet off 71 rt 82 by strongsville mall.i know my way around for the most part..outside of medina city limits there are plenty of country and county roads with some nice turns etc.( grew up in medina) how far south do you northern guys wanna go is the question. im central so whatevers clever with me

metroparks are in north royalton hinckley and strongsville..so that would work if we meet off 71 rt 82 by strongsville mall.i know my way around for the most part..outside of medina city limits there are plenty of country and county roads with some nice turns etc.( grew up in medina) how far south do you northern guys wanna go is the question. im central so whatevers clever with me

I'm going to be riding from mentor (which is like 30 mins east of cleveland along the lake)

so north is just fine with me... but i realize people are coming from south like akron and whatnot...

it's sounding like north royalton/strongsville/and god knows how many other cities in that region is a good meeting spot.

so how about a time? maybe like late morning? maybe meet at 11am so we can get some riding in, then hit up a place for lunch, and do the bulk of our riding when it is warmest?

we could meet near the metroparks (I think there is a QSL near there?) ride a couple roads, eat somewhere when we get hungry and ride some more.

thoughts?

Why not just do the metroparks. Keep it simple? There is less cross traffic to worry about, even if there are cars to get stuck behind, atleast we wont have to worry about people pulling out so much.

We could meet somewhere and go to the metroparks or just meet at the metroparks. Start over by Detroit and the marina and just take the metroparks all the way to canal and then stop for some food. If we arent tired of riding yet we could go do some more.

Maybe Ill try to make a map.

the metroparks are huge..so are you talking clevelands area, if so thats pretty busy..the strongsville royalton hinckley area is much less populated. that being said its also central for most. maybe jester wants too meet up with myself then head north..time 11-12 is good for me. independence from house is about 45 minutes for reference