What would you build S10 or Mustang or Racingjunk

hpfiend

Hey all-

Which would you build for a quarter mile car?

I am not saying it will be as fast as the fastest street car boys last friday but will definitely be the fastest thing my dad and I have ever built...

S10 pickup with sbc, turbo, TH400 or powerglide trans, and probably ford 8.8- maybe 12 bolt but don't know much about them.

Sn95 v6 mustang with 351 or 460, turbo, c4 trans, 8.8. I already know mustangs so am leaning this way but I think it would be easier to tub the back of a truck. I'd do another fox body but would have to have a coupe and they are getting more rare and rusty by the day... all the sn95s are coupe style already.

Or something already half done or completed on racingjunk.com

http://www.racingjunk.com/category/28/Race_Trucks/post/1955580/1989-Chevy-S-10-Drag-Truck.html

Other suggestions? Would consider GN as I know they are fast but I think once you get past upping the boost on a stock turbo they get really expensive

Guest tbutera2112

plenty of room for a big tire on the 94-04 mustangs

suspension is proven to work...unlimited aftermarket

fox swap parts work on the sn95 chassis

i say 460 a 99-04 stang ...but hell, im biased

Notch back all the way. IIRC there are some stock suspension, stock bushing notch backs goin in the 7's.

+1 get a good roller for cheap add your powertrain an start peeling wigs back.

Personally my dream car is a ls3 in notch sigle turbo setup with a 4speed. Stock susp.

older S10 only weighs 2600-2800 lbs if I read correctly.

my notch weighed 3030 with a half tank of gas with full interiors and no weight loss but my no tailpipes or ac. A sn95 car does weigh about 2-400 more but you can fit bigger tires- well maybe a rust free 4 banger car would be tempting --seems kind of dumb to get another fox body as I just sold a practically rust free fox coupe less than 2 years ago.

not in your case. thats a expensive car.

dont think he wants to spend that much

lmao!!! I am building mine.

Not already built.

I seen a guy buy a car like mine for lets say 50k then spend 25k in mods. He sold the car for 43k. he only had the car for one year if that.

dont get me wrong i like my s10. but i was stuck with it because it was my first vehicle. ill never get rid of it. but deff am looking forward to the smaller tire camaro street car.

x275. tire class rules for smc and turbo are 94mm and 3250lbs.

im also getting a 106mm bb for some records in not class trim.

i should be ordering the 25.2 or 25.3 cage in the next few weeks. maybe sept.

will be all molly. with dual chutes. nothing like a street car with dual chutes.!!!!!

im on a stupid tight budget too. so still taking some time. hell ive had the car 4 yrs and just getting to building.