Have you noticed?

schmuckingham

the more you do to a car, the less fun it becomes---the more it becomes a liability, and not fun to drive, since you're constantly worried about it:

breaking down

getting stolen

getting dinged

getting keyed

buy a performance car, and add minimal upgrades. my '05 GTO has about 375rwhp, has great manners, can be driven across the country tomorrow with the A/C blasting, and get 23-25mpg all day long on the highway. i have a catback/intake/shifter/dynotune. the wife can easily drive it. stock clutch is easy to apply. it doesn't draw attention from cops, vandals, etc. if the car gets a swirl mark, i don't care too much. its just plain fun to drive anywhere, with not a care in the world. i would recommend anyone in your position to try a car like i listed above--there are plenty of other examples of factory cars that are fun with minimal mods. the temptation is always there to do more, but you must resist it or you'll end up with another ball-and-chain for a car

I am in a weird position with my job. I put about 45,000 miles on a car in a year and I dont want to some econo box pile of turd since I spend so much time in it. I want a G8 GT for my next daily but the gas mileage and reliability play a big factor in my decisions as well as the fact it needs to be 4 doors ( I have a lot of customers I take to lunch)

I am already starting to part the 86 out and will be keeping the 88 until I can afford to work on it. In the mean time I am going to pay off credit debt and look for a new car even though the Milan has been fantastic.

U need to get something on the water.. jet skis or a boat trust me. I'm out almost every weekend some weeks miltiple days. Its just a very relaxing fun but that's just me...

Agreed. Lately I've been thinking about getting a boat for my next toy. Not anytime soon though, maybe in a couple years

i miss the hell outa my 98 gtp and it still ahd the stock pulley on it... it was a blast had every option I could ever want was super confortable and reliable. I would drive that thing 500+ miles and never think twice about it... i want one again :)

Same here, mine just had the basics, intake/downpipe/PCM/etc and it was still fun. Perfect daily driver, I miss mine too

buy a performance car, and add minimal upgrades. my '05 GTO has about 375rwhp, has great manners, can be driven across the country tomorrow with the A/C blasting, and get 23-25mpg all day long on the highway. i have a catback/intake/shifter/dynotune. the wife can easily drive it. stock clutch is easy to apply. it doesn't draw attention from cops, vandals, etc. if the car gets a swirl mark, i don't care too much. its just plain fun to drive anywhere, with not a care in the world. i would recommend anyone in your position to try a car like i listed above--there are plenty of other examples of factory cars that are fun with minimal mods. the temptation is always there to do more, but you must resist it or you'll end up with another ball-and-chain for a car

Agreed. I think after a cam and a few suspension mods I'll be good. Even right now just as a 350whp bolt-on M6 car it's a lot of fun for the reasons listed above. I drive it almost every day 8 months out of the year and love every minute of it. If I go a week without driving it, I start missing it like crazy. I don't want to get to the point where I've invested so much into it that I can't enjoy it anymore.

I was thinking last night that all the cars I have owned ( not a whole lot in comparison to some) that none of them were as fun as the first one I ever built. Granted it was a turbo FWD that just spun and torque steered everywhere but It was fun no matter what I did. The Lightning was fun but needs a manual, the bike was just not me at all amd then both these Mustangs it seems they need everything changed before its a solid car.

I guess the novelty of cars has started to wear off haha.

Mine never wore off it just got worse, it all started with my first real car a few years ago,lol.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc178/1fstws6/meandMach1.jpg

and many many cars in between I ended up with what I have now which I am having the most fun with.