Mid engine Vette?

RUTAN TA1647545492

I've been to the corvette museum and it looks like one of the mid 90's prototypes not some thing recent. Agree "But ugly" as is, but 590 fpot would be nice..

Loose in my opinion if this is a more recent prototpe..

I always wanted to check that out. That car makes me want to:barf:.

Look at the history books. GM has been doing mid-engine Vette prototypes since the 70's. Even did a Rotary prototype (GM was smart enough not to go with a Rotary). This will never happen.

Not necessary, the balance of the C5 and C6 is excellent as it is right now. Certainly could be better, but why change. Plus then the Fiero could not be claimed as the ONLY American mid-engine car.

Vector W8. Saleen S7. SSC Ultimate Aero.

I'll refer to the history of the Probe and Mustang II as good examples of the success Ford had in attempting to reinvent the Mustang.

Not to say that a mid-engined Corvette wouldn't work - or even work better than the current chassis architecture! - but you might as well call it the Corvair and sell a ton to a new car-buying audience than mess with a successful 50-year car formula in the Corvette...

Not necessary, the balance of the C5 and C6 is excellent as it is right now. Certainly could be better, but why change. Plus then the Fiero could not be claimed as the ONLY American mid-engine car.

Don't forget the Corvair.

fugly. Factory 5 has a better looking package with the GTM.

The article isn't about the picture. The picture is a concept car made forever ago. Before the C6 (maybe even before the C5?). The article is stating the C7 might be mid engine.

Aren't the Delorean, Pantera, or Ford GT/GT40 also mid engined?