New from Columbus...

mattmiller85

Hi Brian, actually I just met him (Shawn I think) on Saturday. Hope your couch survived the day alone with your dog!

He did good. This was the second time he has been alone so I think he passed the test. Next time no worries.

Lots of members here drag race regularly and about all of them are willing to walk you through the process.

Welcome. I could use someone to help me do the walking as well. I need better traction though. It was good to meet you Matt and Brian. Glad your couch survived. Maybe we can all come out to the track day.

Edited by lcz06

Welcome, nice ride.

I bought an automatic, and every single day I wish I would have waited a little longer for a good deal on a manual t/a. I imagine driving around a V6 model always wishing I would have dropped a few more bucks for just the base model V8 is like that times ten.

Possibly, except he does have a 6spd...and aren't those v6's 300hp? Which is just a tad bit less than what a stock ls1 puts at the wheels....so I'm sure it's still nearly as fast as your car...while being more fun to drive.

Welcome, nice ride.

Possibly, except he does have a 6spd...and aren't those v6's 300hp? Which is just a tad bit less than what a stock ls1 puts at the wheels....so I'm sure it's still nearly as fast as your car...while being more fun to drive.

Yep, they're rated at 312 from the factory. Manuals have been putting down 260-270 to the wheels, autos 250-260...

The only problem is that it weights 3750lbs without a driver or gas in it.

+1. The stock enormous trash-can mufflers weigh 24 lbs a piece. :eek: Also the steelies are a little heavy as well. Hopefully I'll be able get out to the track soon and see what it can do. I'm sure it will be a train wreck on my part though.;)

+1. The stock enormous trash-can mufflers weigh 24 lbs a piece. :eek: Also the steelies are a little heavy as well. Hopefully I'll be able get out to the track soon and see what it can do. I'm sure it will be a train wreck on my part though.;)

At least there is a lot of weight to easily take off for free performance gains. :D

I bought an automatic, and every single day I wish I would have waited a little longer for a good deal on a manual t/a. I imagine driving around a V6 model always wishing I would have dropped a few more bucks for just the base model V8 is like that times ten.

Been there, and you are exactly right. Bought a 92 V6 RS Camaro back in 97 (couldn't afford a V8 at the time in college that had reasonable miles/condition, and searching for cars online wasn't a useful option back then). I withstood it for about a year and a half, then had to upgrade. :)

Very true, but the f-body's are portly too, not that bad but still, not much better.

that usually depends on what model you get. the hard top coupes were actually very light. i have the spare tire and jack, stereo and A/C out of mine and with a half tank of gas and me not in it, it was a mere 3050 pounds.

Welcome, nice ride.

Cool, they peak at 300 horsepower at the crank. How about the torque? There isn't really a "tad" about it.

Official HP and TQ numbers here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_High_Feature_engine#LLT

Actually though, the motor is exactly the same for '10 and '11, they just re-certified it. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75962 They used the CTS's rating for '10 so they were able to 1-up the '11 Mustang V6's 305hp rating.

Welcome, nice ride.

No. Absolutely not. Not even a little. Much nicer and more refined ride for a general daily though.

Wanna sell the steelies!? Haha I don't know why I'm so obsessed with them, but I love those things.

Wanna sell the steelies!? Haha I don't know why I'm so obsessed with them, but I love those things.

Nah, I've grown partial to them as well. I was thinking of painting them white to match the stripes and mimic the wheels on my dad's 79 Z28:

http://images.classiccars.com/classifieds/68593_482044_1979_Chevrolet_Camaro%2BZ28.jpg

(not his but exactly like it)

Thoughts on what it would look like?

Nah, I've grown partial to them as well. I was thinking of painting them white to match the stripes and mimic the wheels on my dad's 79 Z28:

http://images.classiccars.com/classifieds/68593_482044_1979_Chevrolet_Camaro%2BZ28.jpg

(not his but exactly like it)

Thoughts on what it would look like?

I think it would look good maybe with the lip white and the center still black, possibly blue? I honestly think they would look good on your car with some white wall tires too, or maybe just the letters in white.

Official HP and TQ numbers here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_High_Feature_engine#LLT

Actually though, the motor is exactly the same for '10 and '11, they just re-certified it. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75962 They used the CTS's rating for '10 so they were able to 1-up the '11 Mustang V6's 305hp rating.

oh makes sense i guess lol. thats kinda shitty to do though, cause now your general public is thinking they are getting more power.

oh makes sense i guess lol. thats kinda shitty to do though, cause now your general public is thinking they are getting more power.

Yep, that was probably marketing's intention... They wanted to "out-do" the Mustang's 305 number.