[Pics] Graffiti Under Downtown Columbus

ForeverMaker

Finally got a chance to go down and take some pics. I didn't realize the tracks got used so much. Five trains came by while I was down there. The noise of the highways can hide the noise of an oncoming train! If anyone wants to go I would be willing to go again. I probably wouldn't go alone in the future.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_QSAbYNKfqyM/THnMA5beBvI/AAAAAAAAE7M/mXUKh9txxcQ/s800/DSC_0578.JPG

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_QSAbYNKfqyM/THnLmGLjr7I/AAAAAAAAE6g/P8bisKdkZgg/s800/DSC_0558.JPG

View complete album - CLICK HERE

I love graffiti if its artsy, I dont like the "Fuck you" "thug life" shit that the untalented put up. I always see trains with tagged cars and think "thats fucking amazing work, id like that done on my living room wall or in a basement". There is a place in NY that is nothing but graffiti I seen pics of it on another forum

I think I'm the only person that can't read "tags." I don't know why. Everyone I know can read them, but they're just jumbles of shapes to me. I have no issues reading normally, it's just this type of lettering that looks like gibberish.

Ditto.

I can't read tags either. I will admit there is some talent there, but a lot of property has been destroyed developing that talent. I had a friend that let people tag his old van, looked cool driving around. There is a place for this, not on private property though.

It is a whole nother world living downtown. I recently finished painting 2 buildings down town. One of the tenants in the building got evicted for not paying rent. He was pissed and came back and tagged the building including the windows. Before he tagged it I put a good 3 weeks into cleaning the old paint off and re spraying the buildings. Then some ass hat comes back and ruins my hard work.

I can't read tags either. I will admit there is some talent there, but a lot of property has been destroyed developing that talent. I had a friend that let people tag his old van, looked cool driving around. There is a place for this, not on private property though.

It is a whole nother world living downtown. I recently finished painting 2 buildings down town. One of the tenants in the building got evicted for not paying rent. He was pissed and came back and tagged the building including the windows. Before he tagged it I put a good 3 weeks into cleaning the old paint off and re spraying the buildings. Then some ass hat comes back and ruins my hard work.

Job security?

While sitting and waiting on a train in C-ville I often look for graffiti. Usually just small tags and the occasional big tag. One car I saw though had the entire side adorned with not a tag but a scene of a Spier Man comic. Wish I coudl've gotten a pic. It was brilliant and VERY well done.