What to look for used motor

wnaplay1647545503

Gouges in the bores. All valves open and close the same. Engines spins freely. No softplugs pushed out. Teeth still in dist. Busted springs. Signs of repaired block.

What kind of transmission?

EDIT - sorry, you said "not want" you to take it apart. I would never buy an engine I didn't hear run first-hand or was allowed to open up.

Supposedly the motor is a newer crate motor with only 10,000 or so miles. Tranny is a th350. It is described as a targetmaster crate motor but I cant find anything online about them other than they were made years ago in mexica. I dont know if this is still the case or if someplace is again making them. I did find a company selling them but havent heard back to see if they could give me some insight.

Just use your best judgement, you're pretty intelligent. If you can't hear it run, then it's just depends on how honest the guy wants to be. Unless it's cheap enough, I'd be leary.

Transmissions are even worse, you can get a basic T-350 with a fresh rebuild and a warranty for $650, so again I say use your best judgement.