60-day notice.. Need some advice.

Exodus

As per my lease here at Lakeview Square Apartments I put in my 60-day notice to move out. I put it in July 13th so I should technically good to move out on Sept 13th ish. After I gave the notarized letter to my apt complex, about a month later they sent me a letter confirming my move out to be sept 13th. Well Yesterday they sent me a notice asking for all of Septembers rent, all the way to the 30th. I called and told them per my notice im moving out on the 13th. They told me they had me in the computer moving out on the 18th and that they never "received" my letter until the 20th of July. So they said I only owe rent until the 18th, but I told them per my notice and confirmation letter from them I owe until the 18th. They said even though they made a mistake I still owe an extra 350.00 or something for the 18th. Can they do this? They seen to not know what customer service is and seem to not care. I told them I am only going to pay up until the 13th, and they told me they would evict me if I didn't pay the full amount for the 18th. This is one of the many reasons I am not living here next year.

Any thoughts?

Well if you have a letter from them confirming that they received your notice to vacate and understand the date at which you're doing it, just take a copy of it down to them, show the head bitch in charge, and it's a done deal. I'm assuming the letter you received from them is signed by someone in charge there, correct? If so, pay what you're responsible for and leave, if they try and come after you for an additional 5 days of rent it'll suck in court for them if you have that letter.

Well if you have a letter from them confirming that they received your notice to vacate and understand the date at which you're doing it, just take a copy of it down to them, show the head bitch in charge, and it's a done deal. I'm assuming the letter you received from them is signed by someone in charge there, correct? If so, pay what you're responsible for and leave, if they try and come after you for an additional 5 days of rent it'll suck in court for them if you have that letter.

Yes signed from someone in charge. Who I might had is a red head/ginger and most have no souls. I was thinking about writing them a letter and carbon copying my attorney on it?

just herd this in the radio this morning about a girl who was getting tossed out so she just left raw meat in tha appartment on the floor etc. After three days it was covered wth maggots etc... This sounds like what you need to do after you leave ON THE 13th

just herd this in the radio this morning about a girl who was getting tossed out so she just left raw meat in tha appartment on the floor etc. After three days it was covered wth maggots etc... This sounds like what you need to do after you leave ON THE 13th

Right....if he wants to pay hundreds in reconditioning charges and have an even bigger headache on his hands....:rolleyes:

semmed like a better idea tham bombing the office :)

Not really...as if you're careful you can stay completely clear of any blame for firebombing the office as it's possible anyone could do it. But to destroy YOUR own apartment, well c'mon now, the evidence would be pointing straight to you....

and triple... and yes even at 20 I can tell myself the office gave me a signed copy in agreement with me I would be leaving on the 13th. Case closed you pay you leave... If you go to court you counter sue them showing the contract stating you were leaving the 13th not the 18th and take them for wasting your time etc etc etc... dont even know why this had to be made into a thread...

Use some common sense. If you sign a paper and the other party agrees and signed then they have a problem well tough shit that is life dont sign if you dont agree. sucks to be that leasing office cause you have hard evidence that will stand up in court. so just walk out on the 13th and I bet they dont do anything about it...

Not really...as if you're careful you can stay completely clear of any blame for firebombing the office as it's possible anyone could do it. But to destroy YOUR own apartment, well c'mon now, the evidence would be pointing straight to you....

leave on the 13th with the door unlocked?? Then you can say someone broke in etc etc nothing would lead back to you... And for added bonus find a neighbor you dont like and put ( add name here) was here. takes all the heat off you and will put it on them...

And you failed my triple lol

I understand what I can do legally if needed. I would just not like to deal with all of that bs. It almost seems like leasing offices abide by their own laws and don't care what others think. But I will pay until the 13th and respectfully leave my apartment in the condition it was rented in and move on. If I need to go to court, then so be it.

Thanks everyone. Issue has been resolved.

Still far too easy to go straight to him, and way too easy for him to lie and say that it wasn't him. Regardless how you shape it, your suggestion is fail.

Take a copy of the letter you have to the office if it says the 13th and just bitch until you get someone high enough who can cut the payments off that they want you to make after the fact.

I understand what I can do legally if needed. I would just not like to deal with all of that bs. It almost seems like leasing offices abide by their own laws and don't care what others think. But I will pay until the 13th and respectfully leave my apartment in the condition it was rented in and move on. If I need to go to court, then so be it.

Thanks everyone. Issue has been resolved.

i think they are just hoping you will pay them the extra money and pull a fast one on you

i think they are just hoping you will pay them the extra money and pull a fast one on you

Correct. They attempted to argue with me one the phone over what I would be paying, and I just let them know I will only e paying through the 13th and I will hand over my keys and garage door opener.

I started this thread just to get some extra advice from CR members who have more experience dealing with this sort of shit than I do.

Although fire bombing sounds nice it's out of the picture haha

UGH! I lived there and went through the exact same situation.

Take pictures when you move out or do the walk through with the leasing manager (they won't do that though).

You will get hit with roughly $500-$1500 in "cleaning fees" no matter what.

I was charged $15 for excessive dust on the ceiling fans, and a $600 window that was cracked during an ice storm 8 months prior, that they never fixed but where told about every single month.

That place is shady as hell.

I am still going to throw a brick throw the leasing office window one of these days.

Good luck.

UGH! I lived there and went through the exact same situation.

Take pictures when you move out or do the walk through with the leasing manager (they won't do that though).

You will get hit with roughly $500-$1500 in "cleaning fees" no matter what.

I was charged $15 for excessive dust on the ceiling fans, and a $600 window that was cracked during an ice storm 8 months prior, that they never fixed but where told about every single month.

That place is shady as hell.

I am still going to throw a brick throw the leasing office window one of these days.

Good luck.

They can blow me over 500-1500 cleaning fees. That shit better not happen.

I used to work at a apartment complex (River Oaks in hilliard, Avalon Oaks off Georgesville, and Schirm Farms in Canal Winchester) and my best advice, clean EVERYTHING you can as good as possible, then afterwords take pictures of everything. My manager would find any little stupid fucking thing possible, then charge people for it. Go over your house, clean everything you can (Even inside your oven), and then take pictures of evrything once it has been cleaned. It would even help you more if you had pictures of the place before moving in.

Good luck man, but just try to clean it as much as possible then take pictures of it so you have evidence saying it was XXX clean etc.

I used to work at a apartment complex (River Oaks in hilliard, Avalon Oaks off Georgesville, and Schirm Farms in Canal Winchester) and my best advice, clean EVERYTHING you can as good as possible, then afterwords take pictures of everything. My manager would find any little stupid fucking thing possible, then charge people for it. Go over your house, clean everything you can (Even inside your oven), and then take pictures of evrything once it has been cleaned. It would even help you more if you had pictures of the place before moving in.

Good luck man, but just try to clean it as much as possible then take pictures of it so you have evidence saying it was XXX clean etc.

I will. I took pics of it before moving in as well.