Xbox vs. Ps3 ... Not what you think

NTHER91

Now I own an xbox and love the online stuff and did love playing mw2

Buuuutttttt I can't handle all of the cheating that goes down on xbox wall hacks and aim bots and shit I fucking haaaate, loath them.

Now the question of my hour is, is cheating as rampant or even possible on ps3.. I ask cuz if not and it's all about players skill then I'm going to sell or take a shit on my xbox and buy a ps3 just for that reason

Cliffs is the cheating on ps3 as rampant a on xbox namely call of duty and version

Yea it's not some big secret that people do it .... So if you don't know about it it's not a big deal but thanks for contributing to my thread..

explain to me how you can use a third party program to help you on an xbox. what software runs off the xbox.

maybe your just tired of getting owned.

Guest 614Streets
I have more fun playing a private match with my two friends than I do any randoms on MW2. I still play Multi with randoms more but the quality of the gameplay is not the same.

No, Eric's correct.

People can pull the file from their HDD and use a hex editor to hack their MW2 profile. After all, it is a Windows-based file.

Said hacks can also be spread like a virus. How? They can add a viral hex code to their XBox that "infects" any user files in a private match. Sometimes, we'll be playing and get a message inviting all recent players to a hacked room for such perks as an instant 10th level Prestige, aimbots, and wall hacks. For a fee of 1600 MS points, of course.

It's not a secret and is pretty rampant.

Jeffro... Anthony can attest to my skill level all though not the best out there I hold my own

I'd play more with Anthony bu I am not a fan of hardcore but at least his matches are cheater free and I do love to hear him scream like I do about getting pounded on buy a team

No, Eric's correct.

People can pull the file from their HDD and use a hex editor to hack their MW2 profile. After all, it is a Windows-based file.

Said hacks can also be spread like a virus. How? They can add a viral hex code to their XBox that "infects" any user files in a private match. Sometimes, we'll be playing and get a message inviting all recent players to a hacked room for such perks as an instant 10th level Prestige, aimbots, and wall hacks. For a fee of 1600 MS points, of course.

It's not a secret and is pretty rampant.

It is true you can hex edit save files and the such to change your profile and shit. I used to do it on my modded xbox to get some unnecessarily hard achievements before it was banned. I doubt you could spread it if you join a room with someone if you have an unmodded xbox. They might cheat yes but infect you I don't think that is true. Trading 1600 Points is a scam. You must hexedit the save plus mod the firmware unless something has changed in the last 6 months...

Someone found a way to do it. Not sure how, but viral rooms do exist.

It is true you can hex edit save files and the such to change your profile and shit. I used to do it on my modded xbox to get some unnecessarily hard achievements before it was banned. I doubt you could spread it if you join a room with someone if you have an unmodded xbox. They might cheat yes but infect you I don't think that is true. Trading 1600 Points is a scam. You must hexedit the save plus mod the firmware unless something has changed in the last 6 months...

I've never run into this on PS3, and I've played both 360 and PS3 quite a bit. I quit 360 cause mine took a shit on me, and my buddy at work has a PS3. I also had a PS3, mostly for Bluray's, so I picked up MW2. I prefer the controls on 360, but wouldn't bother switching back even though I've picked up a slim 360. So far no hackers, but ground war can still be a pain in the ass if you get tossed in to a match in progress and don't have a launcher class set up. I would suggest keeping your 360 and getting a PS3 too. The PS3 is worth it just for Bluray's and the handfull of games that you'll only play on PS3.

I'm not sure if hacking is worse on the 360 than it is on the PS3 because I havent played on both console an equal amount of times. But there is definitely cheating on PS3, but its very rare.

I was on our 360 last night, played a few games and said screw this, I'm playing it on the ps3. I hate the xbox controllers (I'm pretty sure me left thumb isnt where my index finger is, so why is the joystick way up there? Plus it feels like i'm holding a dinner plate) and it was laggy and one of the rooms just closed down. Went on the ps3 and I was happy.