Lettuce Talk Mazda3 for a DD

Rhett

I have always liked them. Interior is nice, good features, can get leather, xenons, nav etc.

Check out the Golf too, same 4dr hatch style, not sure how they compare price wise though, and can't get leather, xenons or nav like the 3.

prolly the worst gas mileage outta the non-turbo hatch's out there, but certainly the most fun. we went with a 6 though, because while driving the 3 i felt like my left knee rubbed the center console too much, but maybe i just wasnt used to it.

I had an 06 3s Hatch, Had no complaints in 3 years and 60k miles. Much more refined than most other cars in its class, I.E. Matrix, which I had an 04 for 2 years/45k miles as well.

It's been nearly 2 years since I sold mine and I still miss it to this day/think about buying another one in the future. I'd probably buy a 6 hatch next though, as I like the v6 and slightly larger interior room. Although my 3 was fine, fit tons of stuff and my daughter from birth to 3 in multiple car seats.

my left knee rubbed the center console too much, but maybe i just wasnt used to it.

Had to of been your RIGHT knee hoss, but yes, mine did as well but you get used to it, I wouldn't say rub as much as sat against.

The new ones are really very nice. I know mine's a Speed 3 but the build quality and details are the same. Even being the Gen prior to the latest. Zero complaints other than I'm 40 and on longer drives of more than 3 hrs, it's a bit tough to deal with the ride. I'm spoiled to in that my DD is a much larger sport sedan. I'm about 185lbs and the bolsters on the seats are a bit tight too. I wish the seats were a bit larger or my ass was a little smaller :o

I'll be at C&C if you're up to a bagel or sammich at Blocks.

My wife has got them as rentals quite a few times during her travels. She likes them but they are small and have no rear seat leg room. So I would say a no go if you have kids with car seats. But if no kids or worry about back seat room, then she says it would be a nice car.

Problems I've had with mine was a weird headunit/jammed CD player which Byers covered under waranty for free, no questions asked. Also grenaded the passenger side motor mount, which seems to be a common problem, just bought a new oem one and reinforced it and it's been good ever since. I get between 31-38mpg depending on how I drive it. As for those with A/C problems, that's only an issue with 04-early 06, Mazda has since revised it. Mazda3forums has a nice (and cheap) fix to make it much better.

Ex had one, only complaint was the transmission and long ass shifter...

TWM short shifter has been epic win for the 40,000ish miles I've had it.

My wife has got them as rentals quite a few times during her travels. She likes them but they are small and have no rear seat leg room. So I would say a no go if you have kids with car seats. But if no kids or worry about back seat room, then she says it would be a nice car.

Actually it's okay if you have car seats. We have two kids, age 4 and 7. They are fine.

I've modified and beaten the hell out of my car for the past five years. It's held up very well. Go used and get an 2009 as the 2010/11 have that stupid grin and are horrendously ugly.

Yes, this...our '07 hb gets the shit beaten out of it and we love it...car seats are a little tight when they are babies but regular carseats fit fine.

We have gotten up to 40 mpg with some light mods and any "issues" with the car are easily fixed, we've changed a bunch of stuff in our car

Good dd that is fun on the track too

The only time I've heard of losing a rod has been from cars that are overrevved (redline 3rd to 2nd shift, etc.) or just neglected. With my reflash, I have the option of taking the car 800rpm beyond redline (7,800rpm) and while I don't do it often, the car takes it like a champ.