1st bad call of the year in the NFL.

SpaceGhost

I can not imagine the carnage here if this is how the buckeyes would lose a game. 2nd and 10 with 30 seconds left, starting QB hurt, out of the game, Defense playing out of their minds trying to hold a lead, (Chicago had a 1st and goal from the 2 and turned it over on downs on one possession)

Then This happens, try to imagine it in real time, I was screaming and so excited that we most likely won, because what I saw was 2 feet, a knee, and an ass inbounds in the endzone. What the fuck ever. Even Bear's fans online say they lost the game. A guy that bet me $20 on the game called me and said it's a push, no payment necessary. We have won 2 games in 2 years, haven't won on the road in 20 games. Feel like we are finally moving forward, then this:

http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/calvin-johnson-catch-worst-call-nfl-history-1419714/

Edited by Benjamin

I'm sorry I am a die hard Lions fan, I have watched an 0 and 16 season, then. A 2-16 season, this hurt worse IMO.

I wish people around here could have watched that game, I have the Sunday ticket, the lions D played like champions! Such a good game. This hurts bad.

I'm no Lions hater, but I have to agree with the replay guys in ruling the pass incomplete. Johnson made no attempt to tuck the ball in after grabbing it (which would have clearly shown full control, and thus possession), he let the ball make contact with the ground in a way consistent with entrapment (which is also ruled an incomplete pass), and at 1:07 of the linked video, it almost looks like he's trying to grab the ball back after it's bounced off the ground.

Actually, both teams of refs got it right... the guy on the field for ruling it a TD (plays like this happen so fast that you can't really tell, so you give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Same reason a tie in baseball goes to the runner, really), and the one in the replay booth, who can actually rewind and look at the play from multiple angles.

Chris Johnson > Barry Sanders

That may get you banned from this thread!

No way you can compare a HOF player to him yet, he could get hurt and never play another game Sunday. And if you really think that you never watched Barry.

The fact that you didn't even watch football when he came into the league since you were way young, and were just out of HS when he retired, leads me to believe you rarely watched him.

I'm no Lions hater, but I have to agree with the replay guys in ruling the pass incomplete. Johnson made no attempt to tuck the ball in after grabbing it (which would have clearly shown full control, and thus possession), he let the ball make contact with the ground in a way consistent with entrapment (which is also ruled an incomplete pass), and at 1:07 of the linked video, it almost looks like he's trying to grab the ball back after it's bounced off the ground.

Actually, both teams of refs got it right... the guy on the field for ruling it a TD (plays like this happen so fast that you can't really tell, so you give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Same reason a tie in baseball goes to the runner, really), and the one in the replay booth, who can actually rewind and look at the play from multiple angles.

^This man has it right. My gf (who's also been a huge Bears fan all her life) was kind enough to remind me the the ruling for a touchdown concerning ball control actually changed a couple seasons ago. You must maintain full ball control until the whistle. Just like if you were in the middle of the field. No 'I was celebrating excuses', no 'I had already crossed the plain' guessing. And honestly, he looked a bit suprised and seemed to almost be playing it off.

Sorry Detroit fans. Ruling on the field stands.