Winter boat plans

Sam1647545489

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me know on the buckets. After researching the engine issues, I am almost 100% sure its just a tune-up issue. I have spoken with a few mechanics and they have assured me thats more than likely the cause. I fired it up to winterize it and it ran perfect. Spring will tell for sure.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/Hyperbaja/bilge2011.jpg

Bilge now, gotta get rid of the motor mounts for an offshore mount, and move the bilge hose clamp back a couple inches to clear the new mounts. Also need a new steering valve.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/Hyperbaja/rear12011.jpg

New water pickup, sea strainer installed with dump valve, drive was gone thru, cryo'd XR gears, ceramic bearings, all thats left is to drill the water passage out and return it as a dump on top. Thru-hull dumps for the strainer pop off and intercooler are in.

With steering wingplate and the dump valve in the drive I wont run the current shower, after running the Cumberland Poker Run in dads sea ray this year he needs one bad.... coincidence?

Let me know on the buckets. After researching the engine issues, I am almost 100% sure its just a tune-up issue. I have spoken with a few mechanics and they have assured me thats more than likely the cause. I fired it up to winterize it and it ran perfect. Spring will tell for sure.

I will check later this week or early next week.

both

Kick ass. Who's it made by again?

and its on hold at the moment, throwing 20k at the motor build cut into play biz cash, what do you need done, you may push me over the edge on it ;)

Well actually, the interior is good - already done. But, I was hoping if I could push you to start the interior biz, I can get you to venture into covers too. :D That I need badly. I guess eventually I will have to take it to your Amish buddy if you don't get into them.

• 2 months later...
Also Sam, I have 21 and 23 pitch stainless Mirage props now if you want to try one to help figure out what you will need.

Tommy has me a 23. I am gonna try it out and see how it works. I got a complete vortech 350 coming for free. Gonna work that motor over and drop it in I hope by April 1st. Hoping for mid to upper 60's this yr. Maybe flirt with 70.

Tommy has me a 23. I am gonna try it out and see how it works. I got a complete vortech 350 coming for free. Gonna work that motor over and drop it in I hope by April 1st. Hoping for mid to upper 60's this yr. Maybe flirt with 70.

Sounds good. If you feel like you can go more, the one I will be playing with this year will be a 25, you are welcome to use that too if needed. I'm hoping this will be the last one I need, prop guessing is getting expensive.

You decide on a shopping list for your engine yet? Or are you going to do that same build as the "triple digits" project? Either way, cant wait to see it.

Come on 70 degrees!!

Prolly gonna go with whats been proven. Seeing as it already will have the vortec heads, do a good cam, intake and carb with msd ignition. Then a few interior clean up things, more boom in the stereo and then run it. If it does 65+ I will be extremely happy. I cant wait to get all of us together for a boating day.

Sounds good. If you feel like you can go more, the one I will be playing with this year will be a 25, you are welcome to use that too if needed. I'm hoping this will be the last one I need, prop guessing is getting expensive.

You decide on a shopping list for your engine yet? Or are you going to do that same build as the "triple digits" project? Either way, cant wait to see it.

Come on 70 degrees!!

maybe thats the reason i told you not to buy anything until you know what you need. only have a dozen props in the garage from 21 to 27...

Prolly gonna go with whats been proven. Seeing as it already will have the vortec heads, do a good cam, intake and carb with msd ignition. Then a few interior clean up things, more boom in the stereo and then run it. If it does 65+ I will be extremely happy. I cant wait to get all of us together for a boating day.

small intakes, but with the right cam on that hull itll run good numbers. skip the msd.

boom boom bitch