Verizon to get iPhone4 confirmed! Early 2011.

SpaceGhost

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/10/08/ny-times-confirms-verizon-iphone-for-next-year/

The New York Times adds their confirmation that Apple is planning to launch a Verizon iPhone early next year.

After more than three years of using only AT&T cellphone networks, Apple is now making a version of the iPhone 4 for Verizon's network, according to a person who is in direct contact with Apple. Apple and Verizon will begin selling the phone early next year, said the person, who agreed to speak on condition of anonymity because the plans were supposed to be confidential and he did not want to alienate his contacts at Apple.

The report comes just days after the Wall Street Journal similarly reported that Apple was going to ramp up production of a Verizon iPhone later this year for an early 2011 launch.

This is not the first time that we've seen rumors for a Verizon iPhone, though the combination of sources from both the New York Times and Wall Street Journal adds to the credibility of this round of rumors. Interesting to note is that Verizon CEO Ivan Seidenberg will be keynoting the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show on January 6th, 2011.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe it when I see it.

Not that I even cared - I left Verizon for AT&T for the price anyway.

Do you get more off with a corporate discount? The plans on both sides mirror each other to a point that I question if they are somehow working together.

Where I am living right now in Pickerington My iPhone 3Gs gets no signal... I am not out in the Country I am about 3 miles from sr256 off of Diley Rd. So I called AT&T and asked about getting a discounted rate since I cant use my phone when I am home. They Told me there was nothing they could do except send me a new SIM card. So I played hard ball and said thats bull shit. They said sorry. I Said I had Verizon before them and not 1/2 the bs with them as I do with at&t so I said I'll just switch back. Then they pulled the iPhone card... God I hope Verizon does get the i4. I will be there the day it launches!

Where I am living right now in Pickerington My iPhone 3Gs gets no signal... I am not out in the Country I am about 3 miles from sr256 off of Diley Rd. So I called AT&T and asked about getting a discounted rate since I cant use my phone when I am home. They Told me there was nothing they could do except send me a new SIM card. So I played hard ball and said thats bull shit. They said sorry. I Said I had Verizon before them and not 1/2 the bs with them as I do with at&t so I said I'll just switch back. Then they pulled the iPhone card... God I hope Verizon does get the i4. I will be there the day it launches!

Serves u rite for geting att dumbass. U jus wanted to be cool like dover and rob that's all. Nutswinger.

I'm a droid fan, jus hate the force close bull shit and the constant freezing up. But that's jus prolly the devour more than the software

why don't you get a microcell?

Do you get more off with a corporate discount? The plans on both sides mirror each other to a point that I question if they are somehow working together.

Better corporate discount + they had a lower minute plan Verizon didn't offer us = a lot more money saved.

why don't you get a microcell?

Why don't you stop giving logical solutions to solvable problems? :)

Better corporate discount + they had a lower minute plan Verizon didn't offer us = a lot more money saved.

Yeah, they dropped the ball if they didnt offer you the 300 share plan. Some of the people act like its a top secret plan or something.

• 2 months later...

bringing this back...

i am now in the market for a verizon phone. only thing ive seen is the early 2011/jan 2011 release of the verizon iphone 5.

anyone know anything more about this? i dont want to buy a droid and then the iphone come out. i want that iphone!!!

bringing this back...

i am now in the market for a verizon phone. only thing ive seen is the early 2011/jan 2011 release of the verizon iphone 5.

anyone know anything more about this? i dont want to buy a droid and then the iphone come out. i want that iphone!!!

youre the biggest nerd here you should know before all of us