Flag football at Sports Ohio main thread

V8 Beast

Yeah you have to have signals. Even if its just some for take offs and slants you have to have them.

It will end up being at least 6 different hand signals. 4 that are legit and 2 that mean nothing but are there just to keep them guessing.. "he just tapped his left buttcheek, I think thats a skinny post" :lol:

Forget waiting until we are losing. We are doing at least one trick play ever posession! Reverse, flea flicker, hook and latteral, wide receiver pass back to the qb. I want them to have to enforce the mercy rule every game!

Note: I will say one more time though that everyone is paying so everyone is playing. It would be horrible to have someone pay and sit the bench for half the game. We can ask you to play a position, but you still have a say in it. If you hate defense let the group know and we will work it out. Dont come at us in game 4 saying you hate playing receiver ya know...

In the first half on offense we should just change out every 2 series. With this many people it will almost be like an a team and a b team. In the 2nd half we'll switch it up and mix up the two groups of 5 to make it work so that we win. The last 12 minutes the best O and D will be out there.

If along the way one of the groups gets momentum we'll just stay with them a little longer to pad the lead and the other group can sub in on defence. Same with d.. if a group is locking down someone we will sub in the others on offense.

Yeah we definitely need to have like a 60 minute sit down and get this ironed out...

Edited by V8 Beast

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my opinion defense- me / duff/ brandom/ brian/ bearcats ( I forgot ur name I'm sorry)

Offense- steve/ darren( my dude in the black )/ moss aka turbo king/ iceman/ my friend jontae whose coming. He's sick as hell trust me on this. Everyone can sub where they are needed but for starter purposes it would work best I think. Pleae tell me if I'm wrong.

We cant make squads just yet. Still have some people we havnt seen play yet. Looks perfect to start with though.

Also... I vote we close registrations on the team, 12 is enough. If we keep it up we are going to have to share too much play time.

List so far:

Ice

Brandon

Brian (paid)

Phil

Steve

Darren

Dave (paid)

Keith

Leigh

Duff (paid)

6'7'' dude

Jontae

We cant make squads just yet. Still have some people we havnt seen play yet. Looks perfect to start with though.

Also... I vote we close registrations on the team, 12 is enough. If we keep it up we are going to have to share too much play time.

List so far:

Ice

Brandon

Brian (paid)

Phil

Steve

Darren

Dave (paid)

Keith

Leigh

Duff (paid)

6'7'' dude

Jontae

Sounds good, my friend who wants "serious" is most likely coming this weekend as this sounds pretty serious.

I'm down with all the hand signals, etc, I would say have something worked out on paper so that it can be effectively conveyed before/during practice on Sunday so we have a chance to get it down before an actual game

I also like phils idea of a 1st string defense. I feel in most flag football teams the D is just tossed together and not taken as seriously as the offense due to the lack of glory of scoring/throwing touchdowns. Most of these games are going to be shootouts, so if we've got some stout D, we'll be tearing shit up. I'm also prepared to crack a skull to get my point across

You wanna get our point across first series let me crack somebody coming across the middle :D Only thing is he might miss the rest of the game! I was having flash backs last week while we were playing. On the signals, we would keep them basic. Like pat your head for a go route, hit your chest for a slant. Yell bo for a dig and pat your thigh for a post. Defense however you would need it on paper to change and slide what we need!

Everybody who is playing please make sure to read the rules!

3 rules we need to remember:

1. Interception returns allowed in all leagues

2. Blocking is allowed only on the line of scrimmage :D I want some pancakes

3. The offensive screen block shall take place without contact. The screen blocker shall have his/her hands and arms at his/her side or behind his/her back.

Cleat less shoes are required at all times. Cross-training shoes or indoor turf shoes are acceptable.

Sounds good, my friend who wants "serious" is most likely coming this weekend as this sounds pretty serious.

I'm down with all the hand signals, etc, I would say have something worked out on paper so that it can be effectively conveyed before/during practice on Sunday so we have a chance to get it down before an actual game

I also like phils idea of a 1st string defense. I feel in most flag football teams the D is just tossed together and not taken as seriously as the offense due to the lack of glory of scoring/throwing touchdowns. Most of these games are going to be shootouts, so if we've got some stout D, we'll be tearing shit up. I'm also prepared to crack a skull to get my point across

If he shows up then that puts us at 13 and we would defintely have to do a lot of subing. Fresh legs ftw! No excuses not to run full speed every play when you know after a series or two you can rest.

3yrd bump and run with Phil blitzing is going to mess them up bad. I'm scoring on at least 2 interceptions per game.

Everybody who is playing please make sure to read the rules!

3 rules we need to remember:

1. Interception returns allowed in all leagues

2. Blocking is allowed only on the line of scrimmage :D I want some pancakes

3. The offensive screen block shall take place without contact. The screen blocker shall have his/her hands and arms at his/her side or behind his/her back.

Cleat less shoes are required at all times. Cross-training shoes or indoor turf shoes are acceptable.

We can't wear cleats? What the fuck.

I like the camera idea aswell woulld be nice to show how dominate we will be...and if we do shirts i want "maverick" seeing as i was watching top gun the other day. And did we choose where we're meeting thurs or if we are? I should be able to pay then or on sunday. Im also gonna contact a roosters to see if they can sponsor us

If he shows up then that puts us at 13 and we would defintely have to do a lot of subing. Fresh legs ftw! No excuses not to run full speed every play when you know after a series or two you can rest.

3yrd bump and run with Phil blitzing is going to mess them up bad. I'm scoring on at least 2 interceptions per game.

Good deal, I plan on having atleast two interceptions/game as well, looks like we'll have to see who can score more, the offense or the defense :cool:

I had no idea this was going to be indoors hows their turf there? I've played on some turf that would rub your skin raw like a carpet burn. I'll be there to practice this Sunday where we having it at? I say OSU Fields off Lane.

The indoor turf at Sports Ohio if I remember right is soccer turf (carpet). So sliding on it is worst than sliding on asphalt. The practice is behind OSU Stadium, so you can use the parking lot next to the stadium.