Flag football at Sports Ohio main thread

V8 Beast

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you pull the flags go for the cord and not the actual flag. Its a lot easier to get to the cord.

word to that, and atleast you would have put some tension on the cord, which in most cases will cause it to release anyway, I really hate these types of flags

Time is 7:30 Friday, location is up in the air. If I dont get a definite by Wednesday we are going to do a meet and eat. Go over plays and gameplans over food and drinks.

For Offense I do not wanna do a meet-n-eat. We need to get on a field somewhere so I can get this scheme in place and actually run through it. Looking on paper is no good. Better to run through it! If anybody wants I can email you the base formations we will be running out of to get a feel for what is going to be done. Either email or MMS message. After practice we grab a drink or a bite or whatever!

Edited by Big Steve

If we cant meet for practice, we can come to the game about an hour early and go through the offense before the game.

Thats what Im thinking. On Friday we can go over the film, plays, and do walk throughs.

P.S. Phil, you were right about the defense. I went over the tapes again. If it aint broke dont fix it! Offense will need subs with the way they are going run. With your zone we wont need it as much. Lets put our focus on the offense and make very little changes to defense. Thoughts?

First off is 7:30 on Friday still good for everyone? Second where are we going to do this? Does anyone have a meeting room in their apartment complex that they will let us use? I would offer up my house but its not exactly a neutral location.

Steve and Leigh are captain and co-captain of the first team offense.

Steve, Leigh, Darrien, Ice, Romeo, Brandon, Keith. You guys do what ever the hell you want just make sure it puts points on the boards and you communicate with your team. You have 7 so run like it and use a few plays to get your breath back.

I'm taking over 2nd team offense (Periodic relief. We will probably run 2-3 sets per game unless you guys are on a roll and pwning people)

Me, Phil, Duff, Dave, Justin.

Subs are set for now. Base your plays on the personel you have. If you dont think this will work let me know. From what I see having 2 receivers rotating in will work great. Plus you guys that want to play a little defense are able to when the second team offense goes in. When it comes to subing you should sit out for 2-3 plays then go on the field and tell someone to sit down (try to avoid taking out the hot hand). Dont wait for them to come get you... it wont happen lol. Guys on the field should run like they are going to be able to rest in 3 plays. There was a lot of jogging and weak routes when I looked at the tapes. We made the their job easy for them. I've seen you guys run so I know for a fact we should put up at least 49 points!

/Coach Carter

The cold is fine. The question is where are you going to find a lit location with enough traction to be able to get a good feel for the plays?

Dublin Coffman park is a park in Dublin by where we practiced the first time with lit tennis courts. The fence should block some of the wind too.

I like the rortation and the 1st tram offenese. Jump ball jump ball jump ball at least for me a Leigh. I just wish I was at the practices so you could see what my real speed is. I'm down to fill in on defense when need be. I can cover there deep threat when needed. I like when we played man in that last team. When we did the zone that's when they'd itch up small yards at a time with those short gains. On O we need to be on diff parts of the field designate a deep man a man in the middle and we need tp dump the ball of tp the center alot. I was in one play where I went up turned around and I couldve scored. So I say we have a dump of play designed

Working on a couple schemes for offense, def need a check down, i feel we need to make them respect the run game and use that to our advantage i.e. play action option etc and we need crisp routes, timing, and less drops/tips. Steve and I are working on the playcalling side of this and the rest will come with practice.

PS still waiting on your playset steve.

Second team o is going to be simple.

Triple option set. Option to pitch or pass and the running back has the option to run or pass after the pitch. 1 receiver on each sideline base and the center in the middle chipping the blitzer then releasing. They will have no choice but to stay on their man and leave us with a 2 on 2 situation. If they go zone one option pitch for 15 yards will put an end to that. Only way to stop it is with a discliplined blitz where they know what man to go after. By the time they figure it out second team will have scored and 1st team will be back in. I can bet money that if we do the option first play, roll out pass second play, and option pitch running back pass on third its a TD.

P.S. Brandon and Duff are both fast.

so... we are going to start with film and chalk talk Friday at my house. Then we will go and do practice after we get everything ironed out and definite. Basically we will know what we are doing as a team and have picked apart the tape before we stand out in the cold. Entire thing should take a max of 2 hours if people are on time.

If less than 8 plan on attending we'll cancel and just do it before the game Sunday.

Who's in? Phill check with your peoples and let me know.

Phil

Steve

Leigh

Me

Ice

Dave