School me on an 2001 v10 F250 truck

Rustlestiltskin

You can expect to see a fuel tanker following you around because you'll need it.

Otherwise pretty solid motor.

OH and I would never buy a already lifted truck unless someone other than backyard Bob put it on that has some sort of positive reputation. I have seen some scary ass suspension lifts.

You can expect to see a fuel tanker following you around because you'll need it.

Otherwise pretty solid motor.

OH and I would never buy a already lifted truck unless someone other than backyard Bob put it on that has some sort of positive reputation. I have seen some scary ass suspension lifts.

Yea, I know the guy and he had it professionally installed at an offroad shop

The V10's are great motor's, built well and reliable. They're not great on MPG but if your looking for MPG outta a 3/4 or 1 ton then you need to go buy something else, their built for 1 purpose work.

I love my V10 and it'll run and work with any coal roller out there if not better than some.

Check out some Ford Truck Forums and you'll get alot of info on the V10's.

Only other bad thing about these trucks in general (diesel and gas) once you put a lift and or oversized tires, get ready to do front wheel bearings a little more often. The guy i know with one has a 4 inch lift and 285/75-16 (same size i run) tires and puts a new set in about every 3 years.that's even with running the OEM bearings, not autozone or ebay stuff.

Roommate has a V10 Excursion 4wd. We use it to tow with all over and as a party bus. Pretty reliable, and it gets 12MPG all day long. Towing, loaded, unloaded, 12MPG. The front suspension has need rebuilt already and it still has a bit of slop in the steering, Midas did the work (when his parents had it, they didn't ask me to do the work :doh:) and did a "typical" Midas job.

7.3 turbo powerstroke + edge chip = 30-32 mpgs in summer (if you drive with sense). plus tons of power and torque. have 3 buddies with an f250 and 2 f350's all same chip and getting close to that gas millage even with 10 inch lift on one. one day when i have money i will to have a f250 with 7.3 turbo powerstroke.

I have a 99...like others have said...ball joints. Also...they go through front bearings and the coil packs collect water and short out. Check the grounding strap on the starter for corrosion. Check that the power door locks on every door to make sure they move the mechanism with authority. it should shake the door. If not...they are going to need a rebuild. They weaken over time due to a part that keeps them from overheating if you hold down the button. Not a servicable part but there is a procedure you can follow to freshen them up. Oh, and if the running boards are stock...crawl under and scope em out. Common spot for rot there too.

crap...I didn't say anything positive. Tows like a mother. 4wd makes you want to just steer off the road and smash things. mack daddy truck-a-muck. I've hauled loads in the bed and towed beyond it's rating and it keeps coming back for more. Get it.