The Nerd Thread, Post your PC

gillbot

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking of upgrading mine to quad Planar LCD's now. We'll see if my deal goes through.

I seriously have too much PC shit. If I spent 1/4th of the time working on my car as I did messing with PC's, the fucker would actually get out of the garage for once.

My deal fell through BUT I may have picked up a pair of Intel 80GB SSD's for a little RAID 0 love! :eek:

I would have rotated the fan 90* clockwise so that it was blowing out of the top of the case, leaving that exhaust fan with some room to suck out other hot air. Probably don't need both fans anyways, i bet you would be better off putting one on the top.

What case is that btw? Can't identify it. You also missed a screw on the motherboard below the first ram slot :)

I would have rotated the fan 90* clockwise so that it was blowing out of the top of the case, leaving that exhaust fan with some room to suck out other hot air. Probably don't need both fans anyways, i bet you would be better off putting one on the top.

I agree, but the the shape of the copper is rectangular like the processor and doesn't leave the ability to rotate it. I wish I could have done it the other way.

Originally I was only going to put one 120mm fan on the Cooler and the other on the top/right side...there's only one fan mount and it's to the right. However the fans I bought were just a tad to thick. I could put a slim mount one up top still but it's not near necessary. It runs so damn cool right now.

What case is that btw? Can't identify it. You also missed a screw on the motherboard below the first ram slot :)

The screw you're seeing....not a screw. It's a pin that comes off the case and shoots through the mother board.

ThermalTake V4 Black. I wasn't real concerned with the case other than I needed a mid-size tower for placement, but I like it. $34 after rebate.

The screw you're seeing....not a screw. It's a pin that comes off the case and shoots through the mother board.

Ahh gotcha, I could swear I could see threading on it. Those little bead pokethroughs are awesome, starting to see those on a lot of cases or included as a standoff to place on your own.