new dog

xlr8tn

Went Saturday and picked up "Chunk" down in Cinci.10 week old 45lb St Benard. His dad went 175 and his mom was 140. Gonna be a nice big one I believe. Check out those paw prints in the snow. Keep in mind this is at 10 weeks.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj37/0rion_album/chunk.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj37/0rion_album/chunk1.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj37/0rion_album/chunkpaw.jpg

Now, anyone know where I can find a cheap truck cap that will fit a short bed 2006 GM? I'll need some place for him to ride when we go camping.

when you see him in person it's pretty cool just how big he is. He's also clumbsy as hell and you have to keep in mind how young he is. At his size you think he'd be bopping around everywhere but it's like putting a size 12 mens shoe on a toddler. He's rocking those big feet and trips over everything. Our stairs really kick his ass.

Awesome dog. My friend in jersey has one and a fucking huge malamute to go with it.

Here is his malamute, all one hundred and ninety five pounds of dogasaurous at just over one year old

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs249.snc1/9623_139939299059_742204059_2442447_5652775_n.jpg

yep...slobber, hair, and large piles of shit are part of the package. His mom and dad weren't heavy droolers but there's always going to be some. I've had dogs with hair before....owned 2 chow mixes before this guy. As for the piles of poo I'm installing shoe scrapers by every door. :D Na, I'll just go out with the shovel and dig a hole next to it and bury it. Hopefully he'll be like my last dogs and take dumps all the way out back.

NEVER let him up on the bed/furniture...Something about big alpha Males and furniture don't mix *queue's ryan's post*. The rents have a giant Golden lab that swears he owns every last bit of furniture in the house...I literally had to fist fight him for my sleeping quarters while staying there. After two nights he either wound up on the floor or tucked away in the far corner of the bed....Im the boss, bitch :D

*god I miss that dog*

NEVER let him up on the bed/furniture...Something about big alpha Males and furniture don't mix *queue's ryan's post*. The rents have a giant Golden lab that swears he owns every last bit of furniture in the house...I literally had to fist fight him for my sleeping quarters while staying there. After two nights he either wound up on the floor or tucked away in the far corner of the bed....Im the boss, bitch :D

*god I miss that dog*

yep....already been discussed with the wife can kids. Not only do they take ownership but they will ruin furniture. I've never been one to let my dogs up on the couches though. I had a rott years ago that would sleep on the couch every now and then but other than that my dogs sleep in the floor.

my best friend out in PGH has 2 cane corsos...you wanna talk about slobber...holy shit. and really, all the slobber that wound up on me was from the female, who will lick the shit out of you. the male was a big pussy and even after me being there 3 days, he wouldnt come up to me.

my best friend out in PGH has 2 cane corsos...you wanna talk about slobber...holy shit. and really, all the slobber that wound up on me was from the female, who will lick the shit out of you. the male was a big pussy and even after me being there 3 days, he wouldnt come up to me.

those are some bad ass looking dogs. I wanted one for a bit but didn't know anyone that's ever owned one to give me the low down on if they make a good family dog or not. My last dog was pretty aggressive and I'm trying not to have that hassle this time around. St Benards are protective and territorial but not overly aggressive. My last dog started nipping at and getting shitty with my daughter so he had to go.

You totally gotta get the mini keg collar. You can teach it to dig people out during the winter and provide a little warming spirits (alcohol). :D Now, if you can just train a little monkey who rolls fatties and rides him it'd be the ultimate winter saviour.